Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission-critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
- Supervise and perform removal and installation of Fixed Network Equipment (FNE) and mobile communications equipment and associated cabling in customer locations/vehicles utilizing best practices and per R56 Standards and Guidelines.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and repair existing equipment installations as required.
- Perform removal and installation of 12-volt electronic equipment such as Emergency Lights and Controllers, Sirens, Mobile Computer and Docking stations, Radio Chargers, Mobile Video recording equipment, GPS equipment, equipment consoles, safety cages etc.
- Complete pre-and post-installation checklists to document and ensure operation of the vehicle’s existing accessories, lights, and other components.
- Document the physical condition of the vehicle before and after work is completed.
- Document customer information, details of work performed, hours worked, parts used, specific instruction from the customer, etc.
- Document the locations/methods the customer has agreed upon.
- Mentor less experienced Installers and able to act as Lead Installer on large projects.
- Confirm site grounding continuity using a clamp-on ground resistance tester.
- Perform antenna systems analysis using a Frequency Domain Reflectometer (FDR)
- Able to identify and suggest the best option(s) for installation locations/methods for each type/model of vehicle.
- Perform site walks to aid in order to confirm equipment installation requirements and, if necessary, create customer quotes for new and add-on projects.
Security +, CompTIA or related certificate is highly desirable
Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
Strong self-management skills and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams
Self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision
Ability to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
Excellent communication (oral and written) skills and must also have high sense of urgency, strong work ethic and is results-oriented
- Working overtime, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules may sometimes be required.
- Some travel may be required - 10-25%
- Must be able to pass a background check
Must have a current, valid driver’s license and no traffic violations (clean driving record)
2+ years of experience in Installation
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.