Switch Infrastructure & Systems Support Engineer (R23848_Rugby)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewTechnical lead for Airwave switch infrastructure and associated 3rd party systems. Provide effective operation, maintenance and development activities on the switch/systems network.
Role based in the Rugby area and surrounding, some travel is expected with this role.
Support other engineering resources/departments assigned to maintain switch/systems network. Carry out centralised routine maintenance, in-life changes of GBNr/KXR network, CHS cluster testing, and operational support of a variety of projects. Delivered as part of 24/7/365 support model underpinning the delivery of all associated services and
service levels in line with contractual performance levels.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Maintain primary and hot standby switch synchronisation of multiple variants of hardware and software platforms.
• Perform end to end testing of standby switch clusters to ensure full functionality of all systems and connected entities to set deadlines. Repair any issues that arise during testing within agreed timescales. Ensure all documentation produced is current and up to date.
• Design, build and configure GBNr network elements using transmission design schematics and modify associated management systems as appropriate.
• Support delivery and testing of projects including, but not limited to, ESN and Magna.
• Provide technical support for switch cutover/cutback activities.
• Oversee and assist with the configuration/upgrade of switch infrastructure as and when required.
• Carry out commissioning and acceptance testing to verify that the solution implemented meets the requirements.
• Implement hardware and software upgrades to meet capacity and functionality requirements.
• Provide 2nd line technical support for NMC and regional maintenance teams to help resolve complex customer issues involving network, infrastructure or 3rd party systems problems.
• Participate in a 24/7/365 call-out rota on a 1 week on 3 weeks off basis covering various switch site locations.
• Analyse project implementation plans to minimise risk to network availability.
• Raise remedy cases and tasks to support necessary work required whether or not it is service affecting. Complete any (Remedy) tasked work and complete the appropriate closure mechanisms within the required timeframe.
• Responsible for ensuring all spares and test equipment is fit for purpose and auditable while managing stock levels effectively to ensure sufficient spares available at all times to deliver the service.
• Form part of any special fault investigation team and major incidents/special events team, when required, to ensure network availability.
• Maintain and extend technical skills and knowledge in order to remain proficient in the role.
• Ensure adherence to relevant policy and procedures to protect self, others and business.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
• A forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
• A natural problem solver and logical thinker.
• Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
• Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
• Well-presented and business-like. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK.
• Works effectively as part of multidisciplinary team. Has the ability to act as mentor and coach other team members, shares knowledge and experience and works towards, or at, team leader/supervisor status.
• Develop effective working relationships with other departments and suppliers.
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
• HND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, or similar IT discipline.
Other technical expertise, experience and knowledge:
• Demonstrable knowledge of TETRA network principles.
• Intermediate knowledge of Motorola DIMETRA platform.
• Experience of transmission/IP networks.
• Knowledgeable in Mobile and Public Safety Communication technologies and critical services.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Position TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes