Support Technician II
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it is helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
VaaS, a “video analysis as a service” company, is a leading global provider of data and image analytics for vehicle location. The company’s image capture and analysis platform, which includes fixed and mobile license plate reader cameras driven by machine learning and artificial intelligence, provides vehicle location data to public safety and commercial customers. Acquired in January 2019, this new product offering will expand the Motorola Solutions command center software portfolio with the largest shareable database of vehicle location information that can help shorten response times and improve the speed and accuracy of investigations and recoveries. The Technical Support Team works to ensure that all products are functioning as designed with customers’ contacting the support department via Phone, or email, that auto generates a support ticket.
Technical Support Department that operates 24-7-365 with a team of 20 Technical Support Specialists. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with flexible working hours and days of the week. You will be providing telephone and remote access technical support to end users to address issues or questions that pertain to the company’s proprietary License Plate Recognition software and hardware systems. This person will be primarily focused on providing hardware/software troubleshooting, configuration, break-fix, training, and RMA’s while tracking all actions via the internal ticketing system. Extensive knowledge of operating and network configuration in Windows 10 Pro /8 Pro/7 Pro /XP is critical to the success of this position.
As a Technical Support II team member, this position provides excellent customer service to new and existing customers and internal customers by independently troubleshooting, installing, repairing and supporting customers on software and hardware equipment such as laptops, servers, and LPR camera systems. This position within the Department and handle basic customer issues and more advanced technical issues or configurations by gathering the customer's information and determine the customer's issue by analyzing the symptoms and figuring out the underlying problem. The technical support II team member should gather as much information as possible from the end user. Once the identification of the underlying problem is established, the specialist can begin sorting through the possible solutions available. Technical Support II group typically handle straightforward and simple problems without the need to escalate the issue. Your objective is to ensure every client is happy with our services and to ensure that all aspects of installation, service and support are completed properly, timely, and detailed documentation in the ticketing systems. This is a metrics based support position that interacts with our customers via phone and/or E-mail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With remote access to customer systems, Install or troubleshoot the company’s proprietary Software, identify the problematic root cause on hardware equipment such as laptops, servers, and IP cameras.
- Provide courteous and knowledgeable troubleshooting support over the phone, via email and in person.
- Ensure timely and accurate set up of all systems
- Phone Support during regular business hours and on-call availability during off hours
- Test systems to ensure they are working correctly
- May be required to adjust systems, including mechanical, electrical, software or hardware, to make equipment functional depending upon the environment.
- Follow the department process, procedure, and metrics for a technical support II technicians
- Maintain a log of customers issues, interactions, and troubleshooting steps in the department ticketing system
- Train customers on use of systems including software, hardware and installation.
- Multi-task and have excellent time management skills
- Understand the severity of an issue and escalate issues efficiently and appropriately.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic
- Networking, Technical Support & troubleshooting experience
- IT Help desk or advanced Call Center experience
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a drive to learn
- Proven effective at working from home or office with little to no supervision
- Detail oriented, highly organized and self-sufficient.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both written and spoken.
- Willing to work off hours and on-call
- Previous experience in a fast-paced support position
- Ability to multi-task and excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated Some Customer Service experience.
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong analytical skills to investigate and resolve customer support tickets.
- Formal Customer Service training, experience, and proven skill set.
- Strong work ethic
- Associates Degree in Applied Science or equivalent degree and 1+ years of experience in a technical support role
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.