Customer Service & IT Advisor (R24714_Rugby)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Service Desk is the Motorola Airwave first point of contact and is in place to deliver first class service through effective resolution of problems, and to proactively build an ongoing relationship with the customer.
The role holder will understand and respond to the customer needs professionally. They will develop and grow the skills required to support current and future products and services offered by Motorola.
Please note this role is on a FTC basis until 31st December 2022.
To deliver excellent Customer Service to Motorola Airwave Customers through effective and professional handing of Customer Incidents, Service Requests, Queries, Complaints, Internal IT issues and Orders received via telephone, email, or Service Management Terminal.
- Deal with incoming queries and problems via telephone, email, fax or Service Management Terminal.
- Act as a single point of contact to a group of customers and proactively manage the ongoing relationship with that selected group of customers.
- Raise incidents for customers, manage / work load through to resolution and closure.
- Outbound contact and communication with customer related to their ongoing and immediate needs.
- Utilisation of customer service and fault management systems
- Adherence to, and development of, operational processes to support customers and interact with internal teams.
- Undergo training and self develop knowledge to stay capable and proficient in supporting customers and products now and in the future.
- Direct interface with technical support groups such as NMC, Airwave Configuration Team, Implementation Managers, IT and Business Relationship Managers.
- Investigate and resolve configuration problems using Network management tools - e.g. ISSI deletions, ISSI builds, SDR issues etc.
- Monitor, track, update and Jeopardy manage progress of open active incidents service requests or orders ensuring optimum KPI performance is achieved.
- Escalate potential breaches of SLA to suppliers and resolver groups following through to conclusion.
- Formally engage with the customer when in receipt of New Orders, Incidents and Service Requests to ensure that information captured is sufficient to progress with the work and to agreed service level targets.
- Continuously engage with the customer to ensure that they are aware of progress / negotiate change to the specification or timescales involved as circumstances dictate and agreement of closure of work is reached.
- Accurately record all new items of work in SAP or Remedy systems ensuring data quality and integrity is of a high standard.
- Attend appropriate customer service forums or reviews.
- Personally answer customer calls, emails and SMT requests as required.
- Carry out IT Incident resolution and deal with IT services within the Airwave business as first point of contact to internal customers and service partners
- First point of contact for all IT service related changes.
- Own and manage requests for provision of new accounts and changes to access levels.
- Provide technical solutions to issues where possible so as to avoid necessity to escalate 2nd line combining a high level of technical proficiency to accurately diagnose issues encountered in a fast moving environment.
- Ensure technically capable to support all services provisioned by IT Operations.
- Proactive and innovative approach to removing barriers and finding solutions to problems.
- Communication skills: Verbal, Written, Listening, and Questioning
- Personal organisational skills.
- The ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external parties.
- Customer Focus.
- An assertive and professional communicator that can deal with people collaboratively both face to face and remotely across virtual teams.
- A self motivated and enthusiastic individual willing to take responsibility, accountability and ownership.
- Able to deal with change in the immediate environment, in product and service, and to the teams and companies goals over time.
- Academic and Technical Qualifications:
- Educated to GCSE (A-C) Level or standard or higher.
- Proven ability in communication, both written and verbal.
- Experience of working in a call centre or service centre environment.
- Proficient in Computer systems including Microsoft Office and Remedy.
- Experience of working both self-sufficiently and in a team environment delivering customer service to customers.
- ITIL V3 Incident Manager Practitioner qualification.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and bonus schemes.
- Two weeks additional pay per year (holiday bonus).
- 25 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- Attractive defined contribution pension scheme.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Life assurance.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Career development support and wide ranging learning opportunities.
- Employee health and wellbeing support EAP, wellbeing guidance etc.
- Carbon neutral initiatives/goals.
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives including support for volunteering days.
- Well known companies discount scheme.
'We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline - mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready - in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Position TypeReferral Payment PlanYes