Customer Care Consultant (R25416_Schaumburg)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewService & Support>Customer Support
Job DescriptionThe Motorola Solutions team is seeking someone who is hard-working, flexible, and talented to provide end-user support to our customers when they call in to get support for our Business Radios. Our organization is focused on supporting a wide variety of customer channels, which include state and local entities, federal government agencies, authorized channel partners, and resellers. Customer Care Consultants are responsible for supporting inbound calls, emails, chats, and webcases which involve resolving complex customer issues. Call types range from presale to post-sale technical support for requests on Unlicensed Radios (i.e. CLP, CLS, DLR, DTR, RDX). This position requires the ability to diagnose, identify, research, and troubleshoot a variety of issues. And also requires a courteous person who can provide patient and efficient assistance pertaining to software, hardware, networking, and printing. Experience in managing others is a plus.This position requires availability for an 8-hour shift daily, between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Tactfully and courteously interface with customers in order to build strong business relationships.
- Proactively utilize strong problem-solving skills in order to deliver customer-focused solutions.
- Educate customers on respective business processes and procedures- proactively continue to understand Motorola’s products & solutions.
- Exercise multi-tasking skills when managing multiple systems (EBS, SalesForce, MOL) and applications during customer interaction
- Extensive product knowledge acquired through training modules and on the job training
- Manage Smart Client cases by assigning, distributing, updating, researching, and closing all cases.
- Provide technical support and trouble-shooting on Consumer & Business Radio products.
- Create programming templates using software for Business Radio.
- Assist with Pre-sale product-related inquiries
- Supports, end-users, Value Added Distributors (VAD's), retail stores, dealers, and internals
- Strong observation and researching skills.
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Effective time management skills are required.
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on windows based applications
- Customer-focused; detail-oriented person.
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Ability to focus and follow through to the resolution of issues
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high stress/fast-paced work environment
- Composed person who is willing to assume responsibility and take initiative.
- Demonstrates a high degree of drive and dedication.
- Possess critical thinking and investigation skills.
- Experience with Salesforce (Service Cloud)
- Significant work experience in basic technical support
- Proficient in the use of online and remote-connecting software and live online chat support tools
- Team Lead experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree OR a Candidate with a minimum of two (2) years experience in customer service/support
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.