Front Office Lead
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewCMSO Software Enterprise Operations Organization is a group that delivers software solutions to the public safety sector. Our group is committed to providing the technology, knowledge, and tools that will allow our customers to focus on their mission critical goals and responsibilities. We provide support for ground breaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. PSA deploys and supports products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. SPSS is a fast-paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization.
The PremierOne Front Office Lead will be responsible for various customer support functions and products including customer CAD and RMS systems, related services, interfaces, and other various ancillary systems. Basic network and infrastructure knowledge will contribute to a successful position. Primary duties will include acting as the front line of support - working within a ticketing system to handle incoming customer issues. Duties will also include working with the CAD and RMS Engineering teams to enter and classify defects based on these customer found issues. Position requirements may require strict background checks within our customer set requirements - in order to gain remote access to these highly sensitive customer systems. The candidate must have excellent technical and interpersonal communication skills.
Responsibilities Front Office Team Lead:
Working Lead position 80 to 85 percent individual contributor, 20 to 30 percent management
Assist in the planning of work schedules
Attend handover calls
Assist on swarm events
Cover team member absences
Special projects as assigned (time would be pulled from the individual contributor portion when these arise.)
Identify training needs
Assist in creating team training
Assist with future planning
- Works with Motorola Support, Product Management, Engineering, and Business Analyst groups to troubleshoot reported problems and system outages, identifies root cause, communicates and documents resolution within an internal case tracking software.
- Primary duties will include acting as a level 3 escalation point - working within a ticketing system to handle customer issues, functionally escalated from the Support and Onsite Admin groups
- Gathers data that will aide in code fixes specific to the customer’s environment, and/or defects identified within a specific product.
- Work closely with the CAD Engineering teams to enter and classify defects based on customer found issues.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and understands what information must be collected and evaluated to implement effective software solutions.
- Position requirements may require strict background checks, based on individual customer requirements - in order to gain remote access to these highly sensitive and secured systems.
- OnCall duties for off hours issues - on a rotational schedule.
- Highly effective and efficient in managing workload.
- Ability to follow processes regarding operational structure.
- Conducts effective progress evaluations in a timely manner.
- Willingness and ability to communicate with other teams/departments in order to ensure customer satisfaction and system stability.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by Motorola.
- Trains and/or mentors peeps through both formal and informal training programs.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works well as a single resource, as well a member of a team.
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business.
- Builds expert knowledge in the Mission Critical Software and Public Safety Solution Industry.
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ team’s knowledge and abilities on projects, both internal and external.
- Works both internally and w/ external teams to collaborate, problem solve and deliver the highest quality services to both internal and external customers.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities that will improve customer satisfaction and strengthen customer relationships.
- Extremely proficient in basic computer skills related to day to day operations (Email/Word Processing/Messenger Applications/Etc)
- Ability to pass stringent background checks based on local and Federal fingerprint submissions.
- Simple computer functions will need to be completely proficient on a day to day basis (Email, Word Processing, Messaging, Intranet Website Browsing, etc)
- Basic understanding of Windows client and Server applications/conceptswill be required.
- Ability to effectively perform in high a high urgency and high stress situations will be necessary.
- Being able to efficiently troubleshoot and diagnose system issues quickly and accurately will be a general requirement of the position.
- Customer-facing issues will require interaction with high-level customer authority figures - at points in time. Professionalism is a critical component of everyday duties.
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- OnCall duties for off-hour issues will be necessary on a rotational basis.
- 3+ years of Public Safety Applications experience involving RMS applications
- In depth knowledge of Windows Applications, Servers, and SQL Database Server environments.
- Basic Network and Infrastructure knowledge. Experience with Firewalls and routers; F5 and Fortigate preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot application system issues including hardware, networking and third party components preferred
- Experience with MS SQL Server and Desktop Operating Systems (MCSA/MCSE Skills)
- Experience with MS SQL Server, ODBC and Ops Manager (SCOM) preferred
- Previous knowledge of the PremierOne Application Suite is a plus.
The base pay range for this position is around $100k -125k /yr.
- Bachelors degree or 3+ years of relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.