Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewTerritory 7 System Technology - System Integration - Provide technical support of specialized systems and product applications including troubleshooting of software driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure, and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture including, but not limited to, legacy analog, advanced digital P25, and data infrastructure.
Responsibilities include optimization and support of complex communication systems.
Program, configure, optimize, test, and document complex communications systems. Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments. Must have very strong knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN), must be proficient in computer network installation, configuration, and maintenance systems to include cabling, routers, switches, firewalls, and bridges. Must be capable of the installation of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure, and troubleshooting to resolve system/application-related issues.
- Knowledge of R.F. systems, such as transmitters, receivers, and antenna networks
- Knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams
- Self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision
- Able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
Duties may also include:
- Perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure proper system operation with a focus on trend analysis and documentation of results
- Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system implementation, upgrades, or support issues
- Totally familiar with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Team with engineering, project management, and sales personnel to effectively design, implement, optimize and cutover advanced communication systems that meet or exceed customer expectations
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer**
● Experience with logging recording systems, RF interfaces, wired/wireless communications systems, and/or networking equipment
● Unique combinations of both multi-site RF communications systems and/or computer/networking skills are required.
● The ideal candidate must demonstrate systems experience and have a minimum of 4 years of related experience with the following equipment:
○ Motorola Base Stations (STR series, GTR series, Quantar, etc.)
○ Centracom Consoles (Gold Elite, MCC7500, MCC7100)
○ Channel Banks and T1 Circuits
○ Computer IP Networks and Configuration
○ Experience working with RF Infrastructure Technologies to include Motorola SmartZone, Smartnet, Console Systems, ASTRO Conventional, and Trunked equipment is strongly preferred
● The Candidate must have skills in the use of various communications test equipment including:
○ Communication System Analyzers
○ Ethernet Link test sets
○ T1 Test Sets
○ TIMS (Transmission Impairment Measurement Set)
○ Digital RF Power Meter
● Individual must have a knowledge of one or more of the following: Motorola Conventional, SmartNet, Centracom, and MCC Console systems, Secure Operations, and ASTRO A7.x Digital systems and installation procedures.
● Must be capable of installation of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application-related issues.
● Ideally, the individual should have or be pursuing at least one network certification:
○ Related certification
● Experience with one of the following: P25, LMR, Smartnet, SmartZone, RF infrastructure, ASTRO systems, radios or consoles.
● Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and Motorola Radio Programming Software suite.
● Excellent communications skills and always present a professional image.
● Must have a current, valid driver’s license and no traffic violations.
- 2-year associate's in electronics or IT preferred
- 4+ years of field experience as a System Technician
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contracts
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.