Field Service Technician (R19627_)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
- Responsibilities include the optimization and support of complex communication systems.
- Provide technical support of specialized systems and product applications including troubleshooting of software-driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure, and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture including, but not limited to, legacy analog, advanced digital P25 and data infrastructure.
- Maintain, optimize, test, and document complex communications systems.
- Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments.
- Must have very strong knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN), must be proficient in computer network installation, configuration, and maintenance systems to include cabling, routers, switches, firewalls, and bridges.
- Must be capable of performing maintenance of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
- Must have knowledge of R.F. systems, such as transmitters, receivers, and antenna networks.
- Must have knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques.
- Must be highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
- Must have strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams.
- Must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision.
- Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations.
Duties may also include:
- Perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure proper system operation with a focus on trend analysis and documentation of results.
- Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system maintenance, upgrades or support issues.
- Continuous training in the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques.
- Team with engineering, project management, and sales personnel to effectively maintain, optimize and support advanced communication systems which meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Experience with logging recording systems, RF interfaces, wired/wireless communications systems and/or networking equipment is a plus.
- Unique combinations of both multi-site RF communications systems and/or computer/networking skills are preferred.
Communications Test Equipment Skills:
- Communication System Analyzers
- Ethernet Link test sets
- RF Power Meters
- P25, Conventional RF infrastructure, subscriber radios and consoles.
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
**Must have a current, valid driver’s license
Associate’s Degree/Technical Certificate + 2 years OR 4+ years in Land Mobile Radio (LMR), Radio Frequency, or Astro/P25 experience.
As an employer of 100 or more employees, Motorola Solutions has implemented a policy requiring all U.S. employees reporting to a workplace (anywhere you are performing services on behalf of Motorola Solutions) where other people are present (including coworkers and customers) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by February 9, 2022. Any employees not fully vaccinated by this date will be required to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated, you may apply for a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief. Any offer of employment will be contingent on candidate's ability to demonstrate proof of vaccination (unless approved for a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief) or willingness to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.