Analyst, Quantitative Analytics (Remote) (840730800A4)
Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); US All Regions
Work Arrangement: Work from Home
Relocation assistance:: is not available for this opportunity.
Pay Range: $63,100 - $137,900
Bonus Potential: 10%
Requisition #: 68535
The Role at a Glance
An exciting opportunity to join a growing team within Market Risk Management(MRM) that is responsible for the development and improvement of all modeling to support annuity risk management, hedging, investments and capital calculations. The position will be heavily involved in building sophisticated projection models that combine capital markets, actuarial and quantitative finance aspects to produce data and analytics for hedging, pricing, accounting and capital processes. The role will connect the work of this team to other business areas to help various firm wide initiatives including launching new products, understanding/incorporating regulatory changes and developing newer hedging strategies.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop, maintain and act as a subject matter expert on MRM’s sophisticated projection models to measure investment guarantees and insurance liabilities under various economic scenarios.
- Hands-on modeling of asset and liability valuations and cash flows supporting company-defined hedge targets that may be economic, GAAP, statutory, or capital in nature
- Understand and communicate the connections between MRM’s models, how it impacts other areas and metrics across the firm
- Leads technical design discussions on modeling and analytics.
- Prepares and communicates complex technical documents, technical designs, unit tests, implementation plans, presentations, and communications (memos, fact sheets, collateral materials) to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Critiques, reviews and comments on the technical designs of peers and recommends enhancements to various systems under development or being currently utilized.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the department for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills with internal clients and or senior management and finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. physics, mathematics, finance, computer science, statistics, actuarial science, and engineering) or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors).
- ASA or FSA preferred
- 1+ years of increasing experience in modeling including demonstrated solid experience and understanding of annuity products, risk management and processes.
- 1+ year experience on hands-on model development using a modern language (C++, Python, CSharp, Matlab etc) preferred
- Working knowledge of Stochastic Calculus, Monte Carlo Simulation, Financial derivatives and “Greeks”.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding performance expectations.
- Intellectually curious with demonstrated ability to acquire and develop new skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Drives performance targets to completion.
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Work from Home : Employees will work from home and are not required to work in a Lincoln office on a regular basis.
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate's wage rate:
• Prior work or industry experience.
• Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
• Unique skills
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a [Register to View] environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] . Sign up for email alerts at [Register to View]
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Register to View] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling [Register to View] .
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the [Register to View] notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el [Register to View] avisos.