Sr. Data / ETL Developer (Remote) (892716100A0)
Alternate Locations: Work from Home
Work Arrangement: Work from Home
Relocation assistance:: is not available for this opportunity.
Pay Range: $83,500 - $179,100
Requisition #: 69557
The Role at a Glance
We are excited to be hiring a Senior Data/ETL Developer for our Workplace Solutions IT to work REMOTELY!
This is a great opportunity to join the growing Workplace Solutions IT organization at Lincoln Financial Group! You will be part of a team building next generation application solutions to help our customers achieve their financial goals and objectives. This position will consult, analyze, design, and develop software for our Data & Analytics and Business Intelligence Consumers on existing technologies/platforms, as well as, leveraging industry leading Big Data tools and solutions on the AWS Cloud geared towards modernizing and delivering capabilities and features designed to provide and simplify data consumption for our internal and external clients and downstream applications.What you'll be doing:
- Participates in analysis, design, and ETL development as part of Agile / Scrum Develop Team
- Collaborate with the Business Leads/Product Owners and other development leads to implement technology transformation and AWS Cloud migration plans
- Responsible for leading / supporting On-prem to AWS cloud migrations
- Understands data mapping and data modeling methodologies including normal form, star, and snowflake to reduce data redundancy and improve data integrity
- Take ownership and accountability of technical tasks including estimating, analysis, technical requirements, design, construction, and unit & integration testing following the SDLC
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with Scrum Team and Leadership to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Participates and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Provides leadership and direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of their assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Serves as an escalation point for issue resolution
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops solutions
- Performance and stress testing with security, migration, and integration
- 4 year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering strongly preferred
- 7+ years of experience in ETL application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position following SDLC and/or Agile methodologies
- 7+ years of experience in Informatica PowerCenter (or comparable tool) developing ETL mappings using Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, and Repository Manager
- 5+ years of experience in design and data modeling of operational data stores, data warehouses and data marts utilizing normal form, star, and snowflake schemas
- 5+ years of experience in Extract Transform and Load (ETL) processing large datasets of different forms including structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- 5+ years of experience with Architecture Design
- 5+ years of experience writing Unix/Linux or Windows Scripts in tools such as Python, PERL, Shell script, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in creating complex technical specifications from business requirements/specifications
- 3+ years of experience working on Elastic Map Reduce using AWS Cloud services to process large data workloads
- 3+ years of experience with On-prem to cloud migrations
- 3+ years of experience Designing and Developing ETL Processes in AWS Glue using Python/PySpark to migrate data from external sources like S3, Parquet/text files into AWS Redshift/Snowflake
- 3+ years of experience creating external tables with Partitions using HIVE, AWS Athena, Postgres, Snowflake and Redshift, RDBMS, and NoSQL databases
- 3+ years of experience leading/mentoring other Developers on the team
- 3+ years of experience building APIs using AWS API Gateway, Lambda, SNS/SQS and RDS
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch
- 2+ years of experience in scheduling jobs using Autosys (or comparable distributed scheduler), building and maintaining Dev/Ops CICD pipelines
- 2+ years of experience writing unit tests and tools (e.g. Postman, JUnit, Mockito)
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Work from Home : Employees will work from home and are not required to work in a Lincoln office on a regular basis.
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate's wage rate:
• Prior work or industry experience.
• Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
• Unique skills
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a [Register to View] environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] . Sign up for email alerts at [Register to View]
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Register to View] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling [Register to View] .
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the [Register to View] notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el [Register to View] avisos.