IT Director - Life New Business (827039900A6)
Alternate Locations: Work from Home
Work Arrangement: Work from Home
Relocation assistance:: is not available for this opportunity.
Pay Range: $83,500 - $179,100
Requisition #: 68260
The Role at a Glance
An exceptional opportunity for an experienced and progressive application development leader to join our New Business team as part of Life Solutions to help lead and transform the way we deliver software to market. This dynamic leader will have an innovative mind set for new ideas to advance our goals and a passion for continual improvement. She/he will be responsible for directly managing a team of system analysts providing support for multiple critical business functions. The leader will directly partner with key business and IT stakeholders across the organization to lead and execute quarterly releases of software for Lincoln’s New Business department with Life and Producer Solutions.
In this role, you will apply your knowledge and experience with:
- Program/project management and system development life cycles (including agile practices) to deliver significant programs/projects
- Application development best practices for systems integration work across teams and technologies in a large complex ecosystem.
- Team leadership to motivate and recognize our most important asset – our employees
- Customer service acumen to become the trusted partner for our business stakeholders – and key to facilitating timely delivery of the introduction of new capabilities for the New Business Life to the marketplace
- Attract and grow/upskill top talent
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Assesses and communicates in a timely and appropriate manner to management and other stakeholders regarding scope, status, risks and issues; develops mitigation plans if necessary.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal clients to better understand how technology can best support current and future business needs.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the department for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure group results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and provides leadership to continually improve the capability and results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs & drives the analysis, development & delivery of complex applications which meet current & future business needs.
- 10 Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 5+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience (Required)
- 5+ year project/program management - Strong project/program knowledge and experience with a proven track record of delivering large projects on time, under budget and with high quality (Required)
- Experience with Agile delivery methods (ideal but not required)
- Life Insurance and/or other wealth management product knowledge is (Preferred)
- Ability to conduct continuous improvement and value stream assessments with the goal of achieving process optimization and business value/savings
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Work from Home : Employees will work from home and are not required to work in a Lincoln office on a regular basis.
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate's wage rate:
• Prior work or industry experience.
• Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
• Unique skills
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a [Register to View] environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] . Sign up for email alerts at [Register to View]
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Register to View] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling [Register to View] .
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the [Register to View] notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el [Register to View] avisos.