Director, Application Development
Alternate Locations: Work from Home
Work Arrangement: Work from Home
Relocation assistance:: is not available for this opportunity.
Pay Range: $83,500 - $179,100
Bonus Potential: 15%
Requisition #: 70201
The Role at a Glance:
This position will provide leadership and direction to ensure group results for your assigned area(s) of Application Development responsibility. You will direct all elements of application development, innovation, and support, including implementing and executing application roadmaps and developing complex programs and projects across multiple platform and application suites.What you'll be doing:
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the department
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure group results for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and provides leadership to continually improve the capability and results for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs & drives the analysis, development & delivery of complex applications which meet current & future business needs.
- Directs & drives the development and execution of complex test plans (as applicable) to ensure accuracy & that the applications meet business needs.
- Directs the assessment and/or assesses application solution design impacts on IT infrastructure capacity, application architecture standards, future maintenance/support needs & bottom line cost-benefits in consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
- Provides comprehensive reviews of functional specifications, business requirement & test plans to ensure accurate system enhancements, optimize customer satisfaction & ensures the integrity of the platforms for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides expertise and collaborates with stakeholders and management to assess, select and recommend solutions and/or approaches that will achieve business goals.
- Collaborates with appropriate project management resources on the development and execution of complex project plans, test plans and implementation plans including ensuring appropriate project resource allocations.
- Ensures that business applications meet established service level agreements.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to resolve complex application development/system analysis issues/concerns.
- Partners with stakeholders and business leaders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
- Assesses and communicates in a timely and appropriate manner to management and other stakeholders regarding scope, status, risks and issues; develops mitigation plans if necessary
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal clients to better understand how technology can best support current and future business needs.
- Collaborates during the annual planning process by responding to business requests and/or recommending system enhancements then develops associated budgets and plans.
- May develop & manage budget/expenses.
- May oversee & manage vendor relationships & process to coordinate activities & ensure compliance of statement of work.
- 7+ Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience (Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering (Minimum Required)
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Work from Home : Employees will work from home and are not required to work in a Lincoln office on a regular basis.
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate's wage rate:
• Prior work or industry experience.
• Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
• Unique skills
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a [Register to View] environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] . Sign up for email alerts at [Register to View]
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Register to View] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling [Register to View] .
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the [Register to View] notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el [Register to View] avisos.