Lead Counsel, Commercial (a1K2K000008Tc1cUAC)
Facebook is seeking a talented, highly motivated and flexible Lead Commercial Counsel to work on commercial transactions and counseling in support of our Strategic Partnerships with key metaverse partners. You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including services, partnerships, distribution and beta agreements. You will also advise clients on various legal risks, business strategies and issues related to commercial transactions and general operations. The ideal candidate is comfortable with and responsive to rapid developments and changes in direction as well as working with technologies, products and in practice areas without much precedence. Diligent and proactive, you have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment, technical acumen, communication skills and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently and cross-functionally.Required SkillsLead Counsel, Commercial Responsibilities:
- Contract drafting, negotiation, strategy and advisory responsibilities for Meta’s partnerships, business development, product and engineering teams.
- Provide practical and effective strategic business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach for our relationships with key partners.
- Commercial transaction support for other departments as required.
- Administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Prioritize and manage simultaneous legal matters under tight timelines.
- Manage projects and support other initiatives, as needed.
- Template and playbook development, review, maintenance and administration.
- Work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 5+ years of experience, including in-house experience with Internet or technology companies and/or at a law firm.
- Adept at prioritizing and delivering practical advice under pressure.
- Experience negotiating complex technology transactions.
- Experience with complex technology transactions with technology companies, mobile operators, and/or mobile infrastructure providers.
- Experience collaborating, navigating, and advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $198,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]