Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
Level will be commensurate with experience
About This Role
Corporate Strategy contributes to the key objectives and deliverables of the corporate strategy function towards building a multi-franchise portfolio to drive near- and long-term value. You will work closely with the Corporate Strategy Disease Area Portfolio Innovation Leads and Strategic Planning Leads to manage complete strategic assessments of Biogen’s core, emerging, and adjacent growth areas. You will lead in driving certain corporate strategy efforts, contribute to projects in one or more disease areas, and support assessment of diverse set of business questions that span strategic planning, business development and portfolio prioritization. You will demonstrate agility with a customer focused approach and a pioneering mindset with an ability to develop trusted partnerships and collaboration with cross-function partners to deliver impactful results in a high-pace environment.
What You’ll Do
· Partner with key cross-functional stakeholders across the value chain (i.e., R&D, Regulatory, PO&T, Medical, Value & Access, Finance, Business Development, IP, etc.) to bring customer-voice to the portfolio and external product due diligence
· Proactively map out external growth opportunities in partnership with R&D and External Innovation Unit to ensure alignment to the strategic and growth priorities; provide recommendations on prioritization of external assets for consideration
· Assess the strategic fit and commercial opportunity of external assets including market sizing, competitive landscape scanning, revenue forecasts, and capability and investment requirements; Provide commercial assessments to business development opportunities including M&A, licensing, acquisitions
· Support or lead evaluation of key business questions through primary and secondary market research, data analytics, and cross-functional assessments and engaging appropriate functions across the company
· Support corporate strategic planning and portfolio optimization process by providing required input and assessments, and developing content and presentations for senior management and Executive Committee
· Translate research & analysis into actionable business insights to inform disease area strategies, priorities and areas for investments
· Manage vendor and external partner relationships to ensure appropriate procurement of market research & data analytic resources
Who You Are
You are a motivated team-player with demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a proactive and resourceful mentality. You excel in communication and building strong relationships at all levels of the organization. You are intellectually curious, unbiased and results-driven with a passion for success. You act with unparalleled ethics and integrity consistent with company values.
· Ability to analyze complex issues and translate insights into action. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams
· Demonstrated track-record of strong strategic and analytical thinking and problem-solving orientation required; High attention to detail and customer-centric mindset
· Demonstrated ability to quickly learn the fundamentals of a new disease area, market dynamics, industry trends, opportunities, and risks by effectively leveraging internal and external expertise or data sources
· Demonstrated experiences in business development diligence including market sizing, forecasting, execution of market research, data analytics, management of vendors and in creation of business cases
· Solid understanding of science and technology, and industry- and market-specific dynamics (E.g., Drug development, Regulatory environment, Access & reimbursement, etc.) required; Global experience preferred
· Ability to maintain focus in high pace and ambiguous environment and demonstrate judgement on priorities
· Demonstrate a high degree of comfort in providing recommendations even when there is ambiguity due to uncertainty and lack of validated assumptions or in-depth knowledge.
· Forward thinker and willing to respectfully challenge the norm
· 5+ years experience in Life Sciences commercial, consulting and/or business roles required; Adjacent functional experience in Marketing, Market Research, Decision Analytics, Forecasting, Business Development, Finance, and Market Access, etc. is strongly considered
· Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to clearly present recommendations and supporting rationale to executive stakeholders
Bachelor’s degree (minimum); MBA or science-related graduate degree preferred
· Strong technical proficiency in Microsoft Excel based forecast modeling
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.