Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Medical Science Liaison/Senior Medical Science Liaison - Neuropsychiatry - Detroit, MI
About this role
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) role is a part of US Medical, a strategic partner within Biogen, that helps inform medical practice across our therapeutic areas and pipeline to improve meaningful patient outcomes. The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) enables critical customer engagement with Key Medical Experts (KMEs) and other healthcare professionals (HCPs) so they understand the clinical and scientific narrative for Biogen’s therapies. Biogen’s priority is to continue to foster and enable a diverse and inclusive workforce – representing age, gender, sexual identity, race, ethnicity, Veterans, and people with disabilities – that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve.
The successful candidate for the Detroit Territory must live within the boundaries of the territory.
What You Will Do
· Be a credible medical/ scientific expert who increases KME and HCP confidence in making the best clinical decisions pertaining to the care of patients with Major Depressive Disorders (MDD) or Post-Partum Depression (PPD) and Biogen’s products in the near and long term for the benefit of patient care.
· Focus on building deep, strategic, long-term relationships with MDD/PPD Key Medical Experts and Health Care Providers to be viewed as a partner rather than transactional.
· Be a “partner in the trenches”—be responsive, engage often and be a solutions-driven conduit to leaders in the medical community.
· Be highly accountable to qualitative and quantitative medical excellence performance goals, standards and measurements. Deliver against KME engagement plans that add high value to customers by navigating resources at the office in collaboration with field and non-field colleagues. Capture and report KME/HCP medical insights using Veeva with the highest level of consistency and accuracy to help inform the medical and clinical strategies.
Who You Are
You are a scientific or clinical professional with a passion for science and deep scientific knowledge. You have a marked curiosity about healthcare and business opportunities. You keep patients, payers and physicians top of mind in your daily work and collaborate to solve critical scientific and business challenges.
Advanced Scientific or Clinical degree; doctoral level preferred
Expertise in the Neuropsychiatry Field or strong Medical Science Liaison experience is required.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a clinical or pharmaceutical environment.
Minimum 5 years of previous experience as Medical Science Liaison required for Senior MSL Title.
Effective communication: Communicates concisely, confidently, and credibly; Easily understands other points of views and responds appropriately; Listens with empathy to respond to current and future needs and adjust the communication according to the audience.
Digital potential: Comfortable using and experimenting with technology; Embraces and optimally utilizes new tools and systems; Demonstrates a willingness and aptitude to learn if not yet well versed.
Accountability: Delivers reliably against goals; Motivated to perform to meet and even exceed metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Views metrics and KPIs as a positive opportunity to communicate value to internal stakeholders.
Ethical: Understands rules for industry and is committed to following them for the benefit of patients.
Able to travel at least 60% of the time, including ability to travel overnight and occasionally on weekends once, assuming health concerns (such as COVID-19) are no longer a factor.
Must be 18 years of age or older with valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. Must have authorization and ability to drive a company leased vehicle or rental.
Preferred Skills & Therapeutic Area Specific Skills
· Clinical experience and subject matter expertise in Neuropsychiatry is optimal.
· Two years’ experience as a Medical Science Liaison or similar role within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
· Ability and willingness to partner across Biogen functions to bring solutions to the Neuropsychiatry community
Our Company mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer! Together, we thrive!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.