About This Role
The Human Resources Manager will support the US Commercial (USO) business with focus on driving programs that support the long-term people goals of HR and USO. The incumbent will oversee a variety of programs and functions, ensuring that Biogen processes and standards are deployed.
The Human Resource Manager will engage with team members across the HR and USO, supporting the HR Business Partner leads in project work, employee relations matters, people and talent processes and programs, manager and employee coaching and critical organizational interventions as needed.
This position reports directly to the VP, Human Resources for USO who is responsible for all aspects of the HR function for USO.
What You’ll Do
• Develop and manage the HR program calendar to ensure timely communication of programs and coordinated roll-out with the business.
• Partner closely with the HR team and HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to execute programs, processes and practices.
• Partner closely with the VP HR on the delivery of key HR programs at the USO level (e.g., employee survey, performance management, talent management, etc.).
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes or practices that result in tangible business improvements; partner with process owners where appropriate to drive enhancements and ensure a field-ready perspective is embedded within program roll outs.
• Research and prepare reports on areas of business relevance as needed.
• Actively engage with the USO employees and managers where appropriate, serving as a credible and capable HR partner.
• Engage in HR support activities as needed (e.g., ad-hoc issues such as employee relations or supporting ad-hoc projects).
• Represent the USO HR team in HR meetings or on HR projects.
• Act a consultant and advisor with evolving and significant understanding of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to further learning and capability within client group, own function, and broader organization
• Work in partnership with DE&I, the HR community, and the ERNs to build a strong internal and external reputation as a great place to work for all and cultivate a strong external network of appropriate D&I connections
• Utilize the HR dashboard to understand diversity metrics, and review data regularly to reinforce and inspire action, accountability and outcomes
Who You Are
You are a consultative Human Resources professional who is experienced with managing global HR programs. You love analyzing data, identifying continuous improvement opportunities, and excel in building relationships with business stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
• 5+ years of experience in human resources or related work
• Strong understanding of Workday and other key Biogen HR systems and processes preferred
• Program & Project Management experience
• Analytical skills, including the ability to tell a story with data
• Able to identify trends and recommend business solutions
• Skilled at Business Partnership, Advising, & Consulting
• Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills
BS/BA degree is required. Advanced degree preferred (e.g., MBA).
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
The Human Resources Manager will support the US Commercial (USO) business with focus on driving programs that support the long-term people goals of HR and USO.