Associate Director/Molecular Pathologist (21-91668_RM)
LabCorp/OmniSeq, Inc, a molecular diagnostic service of LabCorp with focus on solid tumors, is seeking a Molecular Pathologist. The successful candidate will have an MD or MD/PhD with board certifications, or eligible, in Molecular Genetic Pathology (MGP) and Anatomic Pathology with relevant training/working experience. The pathologist will evaluate H-E slide for % tumor component, immunohistochemical slides for biomarker expression, and NGS (next generation sequencing) results/interpretations on a variety of solid tumors with report sign-out responsibilities. This individual will also work closely with lab director, lab technician/scientist and staff to provide technical, administrative, quality-managing, regulatory and educational supports. Outstanding opportunities exist for collaborative, translational research with members of R-D and bioinformatic's departments. Medical License, or eligible, in the State of New York is required.
- Responsible for assisting Laboratory Director in the overall operation and administration of the laboratory.
- Provide effective and efficient administrative direction of the laboratory, including operational planning, and QA/QC procedures in conjunction with other laboratory supervisory staff.
- Support the Laboratory Director on planning, managing and ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Perform diagnostic interpretation and electronic release of the significance of test findings with pertinent information.
- Responsible for training, proficiency and clinical sign out of NGS panel assays. Provide laboratory support for anatomic pathology / histology, review slides for pharma services and analytical validations.
- Evaluation of H-E and IHC stained tumor histology on glass slides or digital images.
- Analyze and respond to medical and pathology-related inquiries from clients. Resolution of technical problems and ensuring that remedial actions are taken. Support to initiate and actuate improved methods of services and direct their implementation.
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administration. Build effective relationships with referring physicians and ensure excellent client follow up on reported cases.
- Promote effective intradepartmental relationships.
- If required, assesses CLIA-required competency for laboratory director.
- Support to initiate, interpret and enforce Laboratory Services procedures and maintain and interpret company policies and procedures.
- Support and participate new assay validation including assay design, selection of test methodology, optimization, test and production phases of new tests, and verification of test performance specifications.
- Support and participate in presentations at national scientific meetings and in preparing publications for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
MD or MD/PhD with board certifications, or eligible, in Molecular Genetic Pathology (MGP) and Anatomic Pathology with relevant training/working experience. Strong experience in NGS, preferred.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.