M&A Junior Project Leader, H&W (R-37132)
M&A JUNIOR PROJECT LEADER, HEALTH & WELLBEING
WHO ARE WE?
We are the Global Health & Wellbeing (H&W) team at Unilever. We are a start-up (less than 4 years old), focused on one of Unilever’s largest growth opportunities – the €140bn Health & Wellbeing space defined by Vitamins, Minerals, and Supplements (VMS).
We work in an agile and entrepreneurial way, collaboratively within the team and with our Unilever colleagues around the world. We work in a project based networked way where everyone needs to be able to take a step back and think strategically as well as rolling up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, to be entrepreneurial and experiment as well as bringing in the best of Unilever and work the structures of a large company, to take charge and lead as well as follow and support others.
OUR BUSINESS & CONTEXT
Unilever’s Health & Wellbeing Group holds the company’s functional nutrition brands and the portfolio of brands that includes equilibra (Italy) and US acquired brands Olly, LiquidIV, SmartyPants, Welly and most recently, Onnit. Each brand is completely unique and focused on giving consumers superior experiences within their respective spaces and target segments. We are committed to continue grow this strategic business for Unilever through a series of acquisitions and international expansion of acquired brands through Unilever’s scale and network in the markets.
Unilever is committed to continue to grow its Health & Wellbeing business in globally, through a programmatic approach to M&A and through international expansion to achieve the ambition of becoming a top 5 global VMS company with Euro 3-5 billion turnover.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Based in Los Angeles, reporting to Director Strategy and M&A, the role of the M&A PROJECT LEADER, HEALTH & WELLBEING is to drive the programmatic M&A strategy and support overall projection management and coordination. This role involves overall M&A funnel development for proactive deal sourcing, as well as supporting stakeholder engagements across acquired businesses as well as H+WLT. It also includes taking a lead role in M&A projects - leading the overall diligence of specific targets, while supporting with the commercial due diligence for all M&A processes.
- Managing the overall M&A funnel development with a stable pipeline of assets, proactively reviewed and managed to maintain a 2-4-8 cadence on M&A at various stages of the process at any given point in time. This involves maintaining the various data sources and tracking of funnel movements including inbounds that reach the central M&A team. This requires ensuring the right quality of discussion and engagement in the weekly M&A meetings.
- Providing end to end project leadership for smaller M&A projects (from scanning to pre-DD to DD to closing), with a disciplined process and flexible approach to getting the required level of assurance to assess the risks and opportunities with a “best owner mindset” that could bring unique strengths to the target. This includes developing project work plans, and identifying key issues and opportunities, coordinating the team, following up on actions, clarifying the insights and pushing the thinking, preparing the narrative and presenting to align key stakeholders, and holding the pen on key formal documents such as internal bid proposals.
- Support the overall project management and coordination by ensuring optimal level of collaboration within the team which includes efficient information and knowledge management. This can include, but not limited to leading and maintaining right amount of meeting cadence (e.g., standups), dissemination of information, upkeep of important documents and onboarding of new members.
- Supporting the storylines and presentations for strategic initiatives and stakeholder engagements, that inspire actions and impact business decisions. This includes discussions and presentations to senior management, C-suite, and the Board.
- Master’s degree, primarily in science, business, economics, finance
- Project leadership experience from an MNC environment
- Working with exposure to senior stakeholders
- Sound business acumen and judgment in areas of risk and uncertainty
- Ability to analyse and communicate verbally and in writing, clearly and succinctly
- Strong grasp on application software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, managing projects)
- Ability to be a self-starter, working with minimal structure
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.For more information, please see[Register to View]
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equal Employment Opportunity Postersopens in a new window
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.