Commercial Analyst, ekaterra
Job Title: Commercial Analyst, Customer Development, ekaterra
Work Location: ekaterra Head Office – London, 10 York Road
WL: 1C, Junior
Job Type: Full Time
Travel required: none
Who we are…and what we do
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
Part of the Commercial & Category Strategy Team, you will play a pivotal role in analysing and driving ekaterra’s turnover per ton using Net Revenue Management techniques. You will share the data with the Head of Commercial & Category Strategy to create actionable insights, which will be presented to both Brand and Customer teams.
The actions that you have helped shape will help to deliver ekaterra’s strategic goals, which you will drive within the business. You will monitor progress and highlight any initiatives which are off-track and require alternative solutions.
Reporting into the Head of Commercial & Category Strategy, you will be in a team of experts, who all seek to continuously improve and grow the ekaterra business by supporting customer development in making better decisions and achieve its targets.
If you get excited about using data to create value and have the tenacity to turn a plan into reality, this could be the perfect position for you. It will not stop there though, as you will also play a pivotal role in developing ekaterra’s new infrastructure as we look to overhaul our systems and reporting tools.
Although you will be part of the largest, global tea business, you will quickly get to know everybody within the UK business, and they will get to know you. You will have the opportunity to present to the Leadership Team and take ownership of the excellent work that you do, from start to finish.
With our new home, close to Waterloo, there is easy access from most locations when you come into London, 2 days per week.
Your Key Tasks
- Analyse key commercial data, making you the go-to person for pricing, portfolio, mix & promotions
- Create a framework that becomes a talking point: clearly showing what needs to be done, where progress is being made and identifying opportunities and risks
- Evaluate key guidelines and metrics to grow the category and improve profitability, e.g. promotional guidelines and distribution opportunities
- Support channel, customer and brand strategy during annual planning by providing the data and insight to make strategic and tactical choices
- Monitor the market to continuously benchmark ekaterra versus its competitors
- Use internal and external metrics to create marketing-winning and value-creating initiatives, sharing the results and recommendations with key stakeholders and then make sure that any agreed actions are delivered through brand and customer teams
- Be instrumental in shaping and developing new tools and software, including reporting
- You could be developing your own reports or working with others on new ones
- You will be able to bring an understanding of key processes to inform how the innovation should be delivered
- Externalise the plan: when we go to customers, we don’t just want to talk about sales and share. You will create reports and charts that show which SKUs are driving their profitability and category growth and how they could grow further.
- Competitive Growth: Turnover and Market Shares
- Profitable Growth: Margin and Budget Control
- Doing Better Business: Improvement in Turnover per Ton (NRR)
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces
- You will report into the Head of Customer & Commercial Strategy UK
- Your key contacts will be your immediate team, brand teams and customer teams
- You will regularly attend and present at meetings with the Leadership Team
- On occasion, you will meet with ekaterra local and global teams, particularly where commercial strategy is the focus
- There are times when ekaterra engages with external partners and consultants; depending on the subject matter, you may be required to attend and/or present at these meetings
Skills and Experience
- Working cross-functionally (Customer Development, Finance, Supply Chain)
- Working within Commercial and/or Finance Teams, preferably in a role that has included an element of NRM but has certainly focused on the commercial analysis and implementation of its actionable insights within the broader business
- Process, system and reporting re-engineering and development
- Strategic mindset and analytical thinking
- Proven accountability for yourself and others
- Bias for action and goal-oriented
- Thorough understanding of a P&L and its key drivers
- Understanding of the macro- and micro-economy within which ekaterra operates, including its channels and customers
- Fluent English
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel but also PowerBI and preferably Think-Cell
Who we are looking for
- Somebody who can clearly communicate their findings: it goes without saying that you will have strong analytical skills but we are looking for somebody who can bring those skills to life with a wide, cross-functional team, inspiring those who work with you with your clarity of thinking and excellent communication
- Somebody who wants to deliver the best results by getting to the root cause: you will have a balance of being curious and a bias for action; knowing when to dig deeper into the data but when a quick decision is required you will be primed to give a balanced view
- Somebody who is adaptable and agile: you can flex both your style and ways of working to suit the situation and the people with whom you are communicating
- Somebody who wants to work within a dynamic environment: you will want to work with some of the best, purpose-drive brands; you will want to work in ekaterra
What we can offer you
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus and hybrid working. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with a renowned and exciting brand in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders, and we believe in making space to grow an owner’s mentality. Like nature, we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and work levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing, and a better you.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
Thank you for your interest and application. Should you require additional information, please contact Rita Hilla via this [Register to View] is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. We are interested in every individual bringing their whole self to work and this includes you! Therefore if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.