Machine Learning Research Scientist (4838408_Any_Pfizer_Site)
Our WRDM Machine Learning (ML) Research Hub is seeking machine learning research scientists to design and implement machine learning tools to accelerate drug discovery. The successful candidate will help us derive insights from Pfizer’s proprietary data and external datasets to generate testable hypotheses across the drug discovery continuum.
Principal downstream application domains include target selection, compound optimization, and patient selection, partnering with practitioners in these areas to advance the state-of-the-art. The candidate will propose, adapt/develop, and validate contemporary ML model architecture to help drive decision making for scientists across all of Pfizer’s therapeutic areas and modalities.
Importantly, the candidate will also be encouraged to publish and present their work in reputed journals and conference/workshop venues
- Formal training in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computational Biology , Computational Chemistry, Physics, related technical discipline, or relevant practical experience
- 2+ years’ programming experience in Python
- 2+ years’ experience in software design, development, and algorithm-related solutions for production-grade systems using machine learning
- Applied experience with major ML algorithms in either of natural language processing, computer vision, and information retrieval (CNNs, transformers, etc.)
- Working knowledge of one or more scientific data types (e.g. biomedical images, biomedical text, large-scale, multidimensional 'omics, large- or small- molecule therapeutics, clinical or Real World Data, etc.)
- MS/PhD + 2 years of relevant research experience
- Experience with high performance computing (HPC) environments (SLURM/LSF/SGE schedulers)
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Practical experience with deep learning-based solutions
- Strong publication record and demonstrated contributions to the field, e.g. NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, etc.
- Passion and curiosity for data and proven ability to take ideas from prototype to production.
Technologies We Use:
Python, Java, C++, Slurm-based on-premise compute clusters, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Docker, Singularity, Kubernetes, Python (Numpy, Pandas, Dask, PyTorch, TensorFlow, sci-kit learn, RDKit, Weights and Biases etc.
Additional Posting Information
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech