Technical Associate, 3rd Shift (4838382_St._Louis_-_Chesterfield)
Why Patients Need You
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.
What You Will Achieve
The Chesterfield Manufacturing Facility technician will be part of a diverse team of scientists and engineers focused on scale up and manufacturing of mammalian and microbial fermentation/purification processes for clinical and toxicology supplies in support of Pfizer’s Biotherapeutics portfolio.
How You Will Achieve It
- Duties and responsibilities will include set up, execution and evaluation of GMP manufacturing unit operations such as seed train, bioreactors/fermenters, centrifugation, filtration, chromatography, UF/DF, conjugation and lyophilization.
- Additional responsibilities will include executing CIP, SIP, aseptic sampling, parts washing, documentation, work order generation, and data entry/evaluation.
- Will be required to interact with group engineers and colleagues from the development lines as necessary.
- Will also be required to interact with first and third shift technicians to communicate challenges and status of unit operations.=
- HS diploma, Associates Degree, or BS/BA in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum 0 to 2 years of experience in a laboratory or manufacturing environment (bioprocess or chemical process industry).
- Demonstrated capability to work as a team member in a matrix development team.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains a safe work environment
- Demonstrated capability to work as a team member in a matrix development team
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office required, especially MS Word, MS Excel.
- Prior experience in a Biological Pilot Plant or Commercial Manufacturing setting is desired.
- Knowledge of fermentation and or downstream processing techniques.
Must be able to lift 40 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
3rd Shift, 11:30 PM - 8 AM.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing