Manager Product Stewardship (4838648_New_York_City)
What You Will Achieve
Breakthroughs that change patients’ lives – is at the center of everything we do. Every decision we make and every action we take is with the patient at the core, moving at the speed of science, with environment, health, and safety [EHS] excellence fully embedded. Pfizer’s EHS Product Stewardship program is integral to our company purpose. The program plays an essential role in assuring the responsible selection, use and management of materials to minimize environmental impact and safeguard worker safety, and provides a unique opportunity to contribute to progressively improving Pfizer's value chain driving resilient and sustainable product lifecycles.
In this role you will collaborate and foster relationships with Pfizer colleagues from different cultures and backgrounds across the globe. You will have an unequalled opportunity to gain insights to how Pfizer achieves its breakthroughs across research & development, commercial and manufacturing and supply and have the opportunity to apply these insights to support innovation.
You will mark your mark by tracking chemical and product regulations and stakeholder areas of interest; benchmark performance, build tools and resources that enable product teams to design complaint and sustainable products. This is your time to join an amazing team of purpose driven colleagues - come join us!
How You Will Achieve It
Supports product stewardship under the direction of the Product Sustainability Lead in alignment with Pfizer’s EHS and Environment Social Governance [ESG] strategy, including:
- Tracking emerging issues related to chemicals and products in areas of relevance to Pfizer and of interest to stakeholders; providing effective and timely summaries in verbal and written communications;
- Monitoring chemical compliance and product stewardship requirements [such as local and regional chemical legislation, packaging where it relates to chemicals , extended producer responsibility, and
- product collection schemes] to identify potential impact to Pfizer;
- Evaluating the potential impact of emerging and changing requirements, in collaboration with product teams to determine impact;
- Contributing to product strategy development;
- Working with product teams to assure timely and accurate supporting submissions (e.g., REACH authorization);
- Assuring any product sustainability or green claims are appropriate and patient focused;
- Contributing to sustainable medicines efforts such as life cycle assessments, and product environmental criteria development and tracking;
- Developing tools to integrate product stewardship into the design and development of products;
- Creating capability building for the broader organization such as training materials, educational information; and
- Benchmarking product stewardship practices in biopharma and other leading industries to inform program design.
- May represent Pfizer in appropriate external organizations, e.g., Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative, Pharmaceutical Environment Group, Chemical Legislation network
- Undergraduate Degree in Chemistry, Life Sciences, Engineering, Toxicology, or a related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in Sustainability, Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) management, gained in pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical, chemical, or related product manufacturing
- Experience in REACH and other product stewardship disciplines
- Ability to foster peer relationships over a short period of time and quickly find common ground to solve problems, either in person or remotely; easily gains trust and support of peers while also being candid
- Excellent communications skills in English
- Master in Product stewardship or other related degree
- Certified to Product Stewardship or Environmental Professional schemes, with maintenance of continuous professional development requirements
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to work across multiple countries and cultures
- Experience working across disciplines and with various levels of management in a large, complex organization
- Track record of leading cross functional and virtual teams
- Experience working in dynamic, complex, matrixed business models
- Due to the nature of work assignments, the role holder must be able to perform detailed work with limited oversight on multiple, concurrent tasks, with frequent interruptions and under time constraints, while maintaining focus on longer term priorities.
- Daily interactions with colleagues through face to face or virtual meetings enabled using technology such as webex, MS Teams and video conference tools requiring ability to effectively exchange ideas and information with colleagues using these systems
- Ability to understand, evaluate, interpret, and explain multiple complex inputs and provide clear direction
- Ability to read around and understand unfamiliar concepts in scientific literature and manufacturing processes to support business risk reviews
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to, on occasion, work outside standard working hours (early mornings / evenings) to contribute to a global team; maintain communications / networks across a geographically diverse network
- Occasional (<10%) work travel to support sites and collaborations
- Must be able to work during EST or GMT time zone hours
Other Job Details:
- Last date to apply: 4/12/2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Environmental, Health & Safety#LI-PFE