Manufacturing Area Material Handler
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
1. Coordinates with the Warehouse all material delivery based on schedule and support then if necessary.
a) Coordinates the pallets movement to manufacturing lines and the label room material assuring transference into final location based on production schedule including the printing of process orders from SAP system.
b) Verifies material availability and lot status in SAP system prior to manufacturing process assuring accuracy of each pallet materials moved to guarantee timely delivery to the correct line or location and executes the movement completion in SAP system.
c) Prepares product lot documentation, which includes: manufacturing forms for expiration dates calculation, batch records, process orders, etc., based on production schedule for product and/or primary components movement to Manufacturing lines, including printing of process orders from SAP system.
d) Assigns product lot expiration dates for all manufacturing products according to site procedures.
e) Assures that pallets at the end of a campaign are delivered to the correct location/warehouse: only pallets for the ongoing lot can be kept in the area and assures good condition of this equipment.
f) Assures that all material needed in the area is delivered on time and, reports any discrepancy or material shortage on time.
2. Confirms the materials received in SAP system and generates all transactions necessary for the return of unused material to Warehouse, and any other SAP or systems transactions according to site SOPs as required and performs reconciliation of materials and product to assure inventory accuracy.
3. Reviews area documentation to ensure it is complete, accurate, error free, and on time delivered using the electronic documentation systems for documentation change request.
a) Verifies all components against the manufacturing process order.
b) Completes and follow good documentation practices required before line start up and during the manufacturing process.
4. Maintains manufacturing staging areas organized and in good housekeeping at all time.
a) Cleans all staging areas according to procedures and performs area audits, as required.
b) Supports the cleaning and set up operations when manufacturing process is completed for on time material movement and transactions.
5. Oversees product waste areas and transports accumulated materials to designated areas and performs housekeeping and handling of waste according to procedure.
6. Provide supports to other areas:
a) Supports the manufacturing areas (cleaning, set up and or minor equipment troubleshooting) as required.
b) Assists manufacturing activities in other areas within operations and participates in special projects during audits and regulatory inspection, as required.
c) Coordinates with Warehouse all material delivery based on schedule and support material transfer as necessary. This includes but is not limited to cold storage organization, empty carts and tray delivery.
- High school diploma with three (3) years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge on computerized system
- Knowledgeable in CGMP practices, process area, documentation, safety, EHS and hygiene practices.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to enter data into a computer and perform process transactions.
- Skills in accurate visual inspection (e.g. products and components defects)
- Ability to plan and/or follows work schedules, set priorities with a sense of urgency and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to resolve day-to-day problems
- Attention to details, especially while documenting GMP documents.
- Capability to recognize and suggest ways to implement cost-efficient measures as they apply to routine manufacturing process.
- Ability to operate Forklift (the company will provide the training and certification as a requirement of this role), pallet jacks, manual and electric pallet lifters.
- Willing to work irregular hours, rotation shifts, any day of the week and holidays when necessary.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.