Pharmacy Technicians take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients and they demonstrate ethical conduct and always maintain patient confidentiality. Success for incumbents in this role includes being able to manage all assigned pharmacy workstations and tasks to support the team’s ability to fill patient prescriptions promptly, safely and accurately.
Responsible to receive product deliveries, pull and stage product for distribution, rotate stock, and coordinate activities with drivers to ensure shipments are accurate and deliveries are timely.
• Partner with function supervisor to coordinate workflow for assigned functions that prepare and process medications.
• Follow policy and procedures for the proper non-sterile and/or sterile product compounding and assembly of clinical products
• May prepare medications by measure, mix, count out, label and record amounts and dosages of IV or highly regulated medications according to prescription orders following Long Term Care Pharmacy policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Assist with workflow coordination
• Ensure and maintain a safe and clean work environment
• Rotate and work within assigned pharmacy workstations, to safely and accurately fill patient prescriptions all while providing caring service that exceeds customer expectations. Workstations include: Packaging, Staging, Returns, Receiving, Cycle Fill, Machine Packaging
• Responsible for preparing the finished prescription as well as other light warehouse duties.
• Responsible to receive product deliveries, pull and stage product for distribution, rotate stock, and coordinate activities with drivers to ensure shipments are accurate and deliveries are timely.
• Perform physical inventories.
• Sort all baskets from V2 according to facility units, location, and delivery times
• Scans all medication pending for delivery
• Prepares manifests and ancillary paperwork to correspond to appropriate nursing facility.
• Retrieve medication totes from PVII pharmacists that are to be scanned for delivery (STATs included)
• Check bins before delivery departure for missed meds
• During down times assist pharmacy floor for additional support.
• Scans manifests into system for confirmation of delivery.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients and they demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• Maintain and full compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations
• Maintain highest professional and ethical standards
The typical salary range for this role is 35400 to 45800.This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus plan or program.For more information on our benefit programs, please visit [Register to View]
• Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required
• Certification/licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law
• The ability to concentrate on a task over a period without being distracted
• Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
• Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day’s supply of a prescription
• Is able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
• Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
• Customer service orientation
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Prior experience in the long-term care industry
• Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
• Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
• PTCB National Certification
• Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.