Research Support Scheduler, Comparative Medicine (4839045_Cambridge)
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As part of the Comparative Medicine (CM) team, you will organize and schedule the range of support by CM on a daily basis to partners in Research and Development in the delivery of husbandry, technical support, experiments, procedures, protocols or studies involving animal models, ensure correct allocations are resourced according to CM Management, and ensure efficiency of support is optimized for the FTE resource defined as being available by the CM Management.
It is your hard work along with innovative ideas and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Schedule and approve requests for research support, including optimizing the resource allocated by CM Management to deliver technical support to project teams on a daily basis. Partnering with the Operation Manager to look ahead at the schedule to ensure resources are available to account for absences (e.g. vacation, sickness, leave).
- Support the project teams in both Research and Development by monitoring technical procedures in the conduct of experiments and procedures and supporting the collecting, recording and exporting data in the delivery of studies.
- Interact with the key in vivo contacts in project teams to understand their needs, engaging them in a flexible and constructive manner.
- Contribute to operational excellence by the collection/ collation of metrics showing the efficient delivery of support across project teams, including alignment with colleagues in CM in the delivery of technical support and its associated metrics when required.
- Lead continuous improvement teams to optimize resource utilization and operational efficiencies across the program.
- Maintains appropriate records in compliance with regulatory and departmental standards, this may include maintaining animal study related records.
- BA/BS Degree
- 4-5 years of experience
- Experience working in a laboratory animal and pharmaceutical setting
- Strong technical-scientific background and demonstrates ability to perform in vivo techniques
- Experience and understanding of in vivo study execution with an emphasis on site-specific models
- AALAS Certification
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- This is an essential personnel role: Essential personnel are defined as the staff that are required to report to their designated work location, to ensure the operation of essential functions or departments during an emergency, as determined by Pfizer, or when the business has suspended operations.
- May be required to work under one of the following: the United States Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act and associated Regulations and Standards, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Good Laboratory Practices, Public Health Service Policy and/or AAALAC accreditation standards.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development