Director, Healthcare Strategy & Analytics (R1553509-en-us-1)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Director, Healthcare Strategy & Analytics, will provide strategic guidance and analytics support to develop pricing response strategies in anticipation of significant changes in both external policy environment and internal market pricing dynamics. As such, this role will lead research projects, build and analyze models, collaborate cross-functionally, and present key findings to stakeholders across Worldwide (WW) VAP & HEOR.
Additionally, the Director Healthcare Strategy & Analytics will be an important partner to other BMS stakeholders involved in shaping healthcare and pharma pricing policy strategies, especially the Global Policy & Government Affairs team. This position will report to the Senior Director, Healthcare Strategy & Pricing Analytics as part of the WW Pricing Strategy & Execution Organization. The position requires strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to interpret data and policy proposals, build conceptual models, and shape positions on emerging pricing & access policy issues.
- Developing and managing analytical projects on the impact of public policy to inform our pricing strategy and approach, involving coordination of internal resources and stakeholders across markets/regions and therapeutic area
- Leading qualitative and quantitative analyses, including designing methodology, analyzing findings, and distilling learnings for a broad audience
- Translating real-world, abstract business questions into analytics and digestible communications for non-technical audiences that identify patterns and trends to provide business insights and help shape the external policy environment
- Supporting the development of a WW healthcare strategy capability and helping manage significant changes in both external policy environment and internal pricing & market access dynamics in ex-US markets
- Contributing to the development of evidence/ tools/ materials to help shape BMS positions on pricing & access policy issues outside the US
- Partnering with WW VAP, cross-functionally (policy, patient advocacy, commercial, legal, communications, finance, BI&A, etc.) and with external industry partners, and soliciting feedback to support and advance analyses
- Managing external researchers and consultants
- Communicating and raising internal awareness of important healthcare policies
- Performing other responsibilities as assigned
Required skills & capabilities:
- At least 5 years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry in Market Access & Pricing, Business Analytics, Finance, or other relevant areas
- Strong background in building models to support complex business decisions
- Must possess qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, and be able to demonstrate interpretative, creative, and strategic problem-solving skills
- Experience in or strong interest in global affairs, government or public policy
- Ability to think critically to draw logical conclusions of complex legal information
- Proficiency in Excel modeling
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), including presentations that synthesize complex information
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Experience working in a matrix organization with strong business partnership skills
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Familiarity with worldwide pricing, reimbursement systems, and the role of health outcomes are a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in life sciences, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Public Policy, Health Policy or other degree
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.