Manufacturing Technician I (3rd shift)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Operates anyone of the following technologies: dispensing, roller compaction, compression, coating machines. Assure product complies with its specifications, cGMP's and SOP's to guarantee on time, high quality product at a low cost.
- This position must comply with all Security Guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the job function.
- Operates, monitors, and feeds any of the following equipment to manufacture pharmaceutical solid dosage product following product specifications, cGMP and SOPs: Dispensing, dry granulations, Tableting, and Film Coater machines.
- Assures that all manufacturing documentation related to operation, cleaning are completed as required by manufacturing instructions.
- Receives all ingredients (active and inactive) for dispensing to be used in the formulation of a drug product following established procedures assuring production materials availability.
- Cleans and sanitizes rooms (manufacturing room and wash room), dust collectors, storage containers (bins or vessels), and process equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Conducts swab samples for equipment cleaning verification and document all cleanings on the chronological record/cleaning register.
- Performs changeovers and equipment cleaning. Participate in equipment assembly.
- Operates forklift for materials and equipment movement.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree with none experience or High School Diploma with one(1) year of experience in one (1) of the following manufacturing technology areas: dispensing, granulation, roller compaction, compression, and coating .
- Excellent Mathematical Skills.
- Knowledge in computers and/or Electronic Batch Records
- Driver’s License
- Heavy work (25-60 pounds) that requires eye-hand coordination and moving about capacity.
- Requires movements of objects such as lifting, carrying; pushing and pulling. It Involves body movements such as handling and, fingering.
- Visual discrimination for near and depth perception.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.