MS&T Associate Process Engineer (4839954_Rocky_Mount)
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Associate Engineer role within the Site Technical Services group at the Rocky Mount NC manufacturing site. This individual will apply advanced manufacturing, science, and technology to support the manufacture of small and / or large volume parenteral products, or process improvement.How You Will Achieve It
- Performing trending and monitoring of critical quality attributes/critical process parameters to maintain product quality and to control process drift.
- Implementing potential process improvements in conjunction with manufacturing operations.
- Participating in start-up of new facility, equipment, or processes in manufacturing.
- Assisting in documenting changes/updates to manufacturing processes and working with manufacturing, engineering and validation to implement those changes.
- Providing technical/scientific support on project deliverables, e.g. technology transfers, remediation initiatives, plan reports, etc.
- Utilizing small-scale production processes and using scaled-down lab processes to enable process troubleshooting.
- Individual responsible for executing projects/tasks assigned by Manager.
- Execution of laboratory studies and writes technical reports summarizing laboratory results to support product impact assessments required for investigations into process discrepancies or out of specification test results
- Assures professional and quality performance in all activities, meeting times, cost and cGMP requirements.
- Proposes process improvement opportunities and / or corrective actions to increase yield, maximize production capacity, reduce product costs and decrease process variability while maintaining regulatory compliance
- Adaptive and flexible to scheduling of engineering runs
- BS or higher in Engineering or Science required
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details
- Prior experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing site
- Degrees in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, and Biomanufacturing sciences preferred with 0-2 years of experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing site
- Knowledge of aseptic practices
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering#LI-PFE