Medical Writing Manager - Oncology (US - Remote) (R-138380)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Medical Writing Manager - (US - Remote)Live
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will collaborate with authors and key publication team partners to develop publications that are aligned with the publication objectives of the Global Product Publication Plan.
- Generate content in collaboration with authors for abstracts, posters, orals, and manuscripts that appropriately communicates the scientific significance and value to the target audience, consistent with business processes and compliance requirements
- Understand and use product strategy, communication objectives, and lexicon appropriately to ensure alignment with publication content
- Maintain relationships with authors (internal and external) on assigned publications
- Understand the publication landscape (journals, congresses, readership, etc.) and communicate to Publication Team accordingly
- Partner with Publication Planner on strategic placement and prioritization of publications
- Drive project timelines and balance multiple projects at a time; may support one or more products
- Ensure quality, alignment with objectives, and timely completion of outsourced publications while staying on track with allocated budgets
- Provide on-site support at key scientific congresses and meetings
- Understand the evolving publications landscape through engagement with and participation in professional societies
- Travel occasionally (up to 10%)
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Master’s degree and 3 years of medical writing experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of medical writing experience OR
- Associate’s degree and 10 years of medical writing experience Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of medical writing experience
- PhD, MD, PharmD with 1 year of publication development experience in the biopharmaceutical sector
- Experience preparing clinical manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed medical journals as well as abstracts and posters or oral presentations for scientific congresses
- Experience working in a matrix team setting
- Experience collaborating with clinical investigator authors on publication development
- Outstanding analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply project management skills to advance numerous projects at a time and to deliver high-quality documents rapidly
- Ability to lead and/or facilitate effective team meetings
- Proficient in word processing, including touch-typing, and pertinent software (eg., Microsoft Office, EndNote, Adobe Illustrator)
- Knowledgeable about ICMJE and GPP3 guidelines
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.