Automation Engineer - Zebulon (323503)
About the Zebulon Site at GSK
GSK’s Zebulon site is a global supplier of Respiratory and Solid Dose medicines to patients around the globe and the largest GSK Pharmaceutical secondary manufacturing site in North America. The site is located less than 30 minutes from downtown Raleigh, Wendell, Knightdale, Rocky Mount, Wilson, and Wake Forest.
Key differentiators about GSK and Zebulon:
* Our commitment to inclusion and diversity – we see diversity as a critical advantage of ours
* Our focus on cultivating a positive work environment that cares for our employees
* Demonstrated opportunities for continued career growth driven by individual ambition
* Leaders that care about their teams and growth of both individuals and the company
* A priority focus on Safety and Quality
* Clean and GMP compliant work environment
* Onsite cafeteria
* Onsite gym
* Temperature-controlled climate
* Licensed, onsite Health & Wellness clinic
* CDC, local and federal compliant with COVID-19 mandates
As an Automation Engineer, you will provide in-depth OT networking technical knowledge and support for related site physical and software defined infrastructure that supports facility and production equipment. This role will provide technical input into the Design Teams, support rollout of site changes, and ensure all field work is done in accordance with engineering drawings, specifications and GSK guidelines and procedures.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provide technical input into OTN project changes, system designs, architecture, service delivery and operations.
- Hands on support for OTN project buildouts, delivery, and daily operations.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems within the OT network infrastructure, including virtualization hosts, server/system hardware, switches, PLC/DCS controllers, network devices and cabling.
- Support the site wide Network Architect and Installation infrastructure, leveraging GSK network SME’s and system / equipment vendors while also driving continuous improvements.
- Drive and navigate complex system processes and be able to clearly translate and communicate these to stakeholders.
- Experience with technical documentation generation and approvals including user requirements specifications, design specifications, and related qualification documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful completion of commissioning, turnover and closeout activities, including acceptance testing, end-user training, corrective work, etc
- Responsible for ensuring that installations / construction work is done in accordance with GSK quality standards and in a safe and compliant manner.
- Use the GPS process and continuously improve towards the goal of Zero accidents, Zero defects and Zero waste.
- Collaborate with other Regional LOC Quality, Regional Regulatory, Regional Supply Chain to promote sharing and learning.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering Technology, Instrumentation & Controls, or equivalent years of exp
- 3-5 years of automation engineering experience
- >5 years of automation engineering experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- BS in Engineering
- Experience within Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Civil/Structural, Instrumentation & Controls
- Technical knowledge of this the technology and ability to problem solve..
- Works well on team, flexibility, time manag., task prioritization, Strong communication skills, self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly, think creatively and apply new skills given rapid change in technology
- Knowledge of Industrial communication protocols (Modbus, Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, BACnet, OPC UC, etc.)
- Experience w/ Software(s): Kepware, Wireshark, Patch Manger, Service Now, Panorama, [Register to View] VM Ware, ESXi Host Manag. and familiar w/ Nutanix or other hyperconverged environments
- Experience administering Windows Active Directory, Network Services (IP, DHCP, DNS and WINS), group management
- Experience with serialization systems; experience with MES solutions; experience with laboratory automation; experience with databases;
- Experience working in a regulated / GMP environment
- Experience working onsite with local teams and remotely with global teams
- Knowledge of Industrial Cybersecurity Standards
- Available for On-Call as required
Uniting science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together
- At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the most significant changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
- With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
- Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.