CVS Health's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for CVS Health’s digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be a part of the team that will build this next-generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in key technologies & initiatives, you will join an architecture team that is building a cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. CVS Health Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the CVS Health Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change that is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join CVS Health Digital!
CVS Health is looking for a Director of Architecture who will be responsible for driving broad solution initiatives across multiple Digital applications in pursuit of a unified customer-facing experience. In this role, you will be a part of the large-scale architecture, product, and engineering environment, leading technical architecture initiatives, helping to ensure successful product deliveries. This role requires EXCELLENT coalition-building skills, broad technical knowledge, great communication skills, and strategic thinking.
Is this you?
• Proven leader with the demonstrated ability to create technical solutions in large organizations with complex business requirements and constraints.
• Recognized leader with technical teams, broad technical knowledge, who brings a strategic mindset and is capable of building realistic, strategic architecture roadmaps.
• Acknowledged technical authority and internal thought leader.
• Accomplished communicator and influencer of technical concepts and strategies; Strong analytical skills and ability to be objective and Innovative.
• Strong ability to work with multiple stakeholders, including Business, Product, Engineering and UX team members to influence the application data-flow design and extensible product platform architecture.
• Takes a disciplined approach to software development and problem-solving; excels at breaking down large problems into multi-step plans in an Agile development environment.
• A systems problem solver, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detailed implementation.
• Open-minded to new ideas & approaches, and ability to implement the ideas using various technologies.
• Experience with various types of software architectures including Micro Frontend/Microservice architecture and drive large solutions across multiple applications.
• Possesses broad technology knowledge (enterprise applications, web components, APIs, data analytics, networking, data storage systems, large-scale systems).
• Excellent collaboration, influencing, negotiation, coaching and coalition-building skills.
• Excels at building relationships and has top-notch communication and evangelism skills.
• Passionate about technology with a very high technical aptitude.
• Lead & guides a team of highly advanced technical architects in the creation of a complex digital platform.
• Understand the "big picture" and guide the team to defining architectural solutions that solve the needs of the organization and business.
• Understand and implement appropriate processes to support the architecture team, the organization and business needs.
• Provide empowering technical leadership support to a team of cross-discipline, geographically diverse Technology professionals chartered to define, evolve and communicate the technical and architectural vision.
• Leads and participates in high-level architectural discussions. Leads POCs and provides reference architectures and baseline implementations to product / engineering leads.
• Develops short term and long term architecture strategies and plans for Digital Product & Design. Identifies innovations for short and long term strategic opportunities.
• Evaluate current architectures, identify potential inefficiencies related to cost, maintainability and scalability.
• Work closely with executive management to align technical implementation with the strategic goals of the business: advocate for the business in all technical directives, act as an internal evangelist for technical approach and implementation.
• Work with persons at all levels, from the most junior person to VP levels, in all job functions (e.g. Product, UX, Engineering, DevOps).
• Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same.
• Provide leadership direction for Cloud-based application migration.
• Provide architectural leadership in the identification of technology partnerships, drive "buy vs build" evaluations including consideration of OSS.
• Participates in high-level estimation and works very closely with stakeholders to participate in budgeting process.
• Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g., performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, compliance etc.) are properly articulated and well documented.
• Guide engineers, architects and other stakeholders regarding the design of server applications, web components/micro frontends, encompassing APIs and micro-services, containers, databases, cloud infrastructures, and cloud services, etc.
• Develops and mentors architects through on-boarding, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
This role can be open for remote work within USA.
• 15+ years of professional software design and development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
• 6+ years of experience managing a team of architects/ lead engineers, involving a fast-growing and high-paced software architecture function.
• Experience leading technical architecture initiatives that impact many solutions/portfolios.
• Experience developing architecture roadmaps outlining the evolution of the enterprise application portfolios from current to future state.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, Modern DevOps including CI/CD, Scaled Cloud Delivery.
• Experience with micro-frontend/micro-services architecture and modern API patterns that facilitate a superior UX or simplify systems integration.
• Experience in implementing and migrating the applications to cloud platforms (GCP, Azure, or AWS).
• Knowledge of technologies that support web ecommerce and mobile business capabilities.
• Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to present, discuss, and explain coherently and logically both in writing and verbally to all levels of an Organization (internally and externally).
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision. Self-directed and motivated.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles.
• Exposure to Big-Data and/or Machine Learning.
• Experience related to security oriented projects.
• Experience with the UX success factors accessibility, usability, and aesthetics.
• Health care and/or e-commerce industry experience.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related discipline, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience. A Master's Degree is desired.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.