Ethical AI and External Innovation Lead (4840377_New_York_City)
Do you want to make an impact on patient health around the world? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that brings together scientific, clinical, and commercial domains together through data and analytics? Then join Pfizer Digital’s Analytics, Data and Learning organization where you can leverage cutting-edge technology including AI and ML to inform critical business decisions and improve customer experiences for our patients and physicians. Our collection of global teams drives insights to action for some of the most critical business questions for the company. Our analytics professionals are based in over 30 countries around the world and come from diverse backgrounds including: market research, data science, digital analytics, finance, investment banking, corporate development, and consulting. Join one of our teams and be at the forefront of Pfizer’s digital transformation, driving innovation and bringing advance analytics to change patients’ lives.
As Director, Ethical AI and External Innovation, you will be part of an innovation team to develop new capabilities that leverage AI/ML to solve complex problems across the pharma value chain. In this role, you will lead the strategy and roadmap for developing new capabilities and integrating them into our analytics platform. You will also identify opportunities to translate and elevate analytics capabilities research to organizational or enterprise processes and/or best practices for AI/analytics use at Pfizer. In this process, you will work on diverse projects as use cases to identify unmet need in various domains, to guide the strategic roadmap for developing new capabilities. The ideal candidate is an expert in data science with experience working in diverse and cross-functional teams, bridging the gap between data, technology, and people, to deliver the promise of AI/ML to improve patients’ lives.
- Envision, develop, and oversee the implementation of ethical and responsible AI/ML practices across the enterprise
- Evaluate the landscape of innovation in AI/ML across industries, and develop a strategy to bring them to bear with respect to Pfizer’s organizational needs and strategic vision
- Lead data science work streams in broader organizational initiatives by providing operational support as well as thought leadership on technical and strategic objectives
- Directly engage and communicate with key business and technical stakeholders in cross-functional teams to influence and advance enterprise-wide initiatives, and take charge for planning and completion of project milestones and deliverables
- Consult and lead execution on data science projects using rigorous statistical methods and machine learning techniques
- Manage junior team members through technical and organizational thought leadership and innovation
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain reusable assets and custom pipelines to optimize operational efficiencies in analytics execution
- Research, identify, and apply new algorithms, technologies, and frameworks to solve scientific, clinical, and business problems
- 7-10 years of work experience as a data scientist and project lead or 3 years of experience as a breakthrough thought leader
- 3 years of project and stakeholder management experience
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) majors with quantitative emphasis – Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering etc.
- Expert proficiency in R, Python, and analytics platforms
- Applied knowledge of statistical analysis, experience with R, Excel, etc.
- Strong background in computer science: algorithms, data structures, machine learning, and distributed systems
- Superior analytical skills required; Strong verbal and written communication skills are good to have
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with other internal and external teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Knowledge of business processes in one or more of discovery, research, clinical, regulatory or safety domains would be strong plus
- Industry or consulting experience, along with project management skills strongly preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: machine learning, statistics, healthcare, life sciences
- Experience working in Agile processes and practices
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Marketing and Market Research#LI-PFE