Truck Driver (3rd Shift)
*** Pfizer now offering $4,000 SIGN-ON BONUS for successful hires through June 30 ***Why Patients Need You
Our manufacturing logistics and supply team makes sure that customers and patients have the medicines they need when they need them. You’ll help bring medicines to the world even faster by embracing challenges, imagining what’s possible, and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Working with a dynamic team of Logistics and Supply Chain experts, you will play a critical role in the movement of materials and finished goods within the plant, office, or warehouse. As a material handling expert, you will be entrusted with receiving, storage, inventory control, internal distribution, and shipping, in compliance with corporate standards. To enable you to accomplish this task, you will make use of a variety of equipment, such as forklifts, conveyors, cranes, hand carts, and power trucks.
As part of technical operations, you will be a team member who is relied on to have a good understanding of procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and equipment. Your decision-making will help you prioritize workflows based on the available resources. You will follow standard procedures to complete tasks, some of which may vary in scope, sequence, complexity, and timing. You will contribute to the team’s success by sharing your knowledge from previous experiences.
It is your dedication and commitment that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Manage own time, professional development, prioritizes workflows, and accountability for own results.
- Perform required area cleaning tasks per prescribed procedures.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitation procedures, and general housekeeping as well as all safety practices and procedures.
- Communicate effectively up and down the Chain of Command and maintain acceptable attendance.
- Work in a team environment that supports all aspects of the material handling function.
- Maintain material verification and inventory accuracy ensuring regulatory compliance in receiving, staging, shipping, and stockroom.
- Operate a forklift or other powered or manual material handling equipment to unload and load goods through the facility.
- Maintain direct interaction with all relevant departments, such as production, finance, external vendors, contractors, quality assurance, etc.
- Facilitate an environment of continuous improvement with all team members.
- Minimum of a High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with 2 years applicable experience.
- Prior applicable sit-down and standup forklift experience (Turret truck and scissor lift experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of warehouse management computer systems ·
- Minimum of CDL-B (CDL-A with HAZMAT preferred)
- Ability to obtain the following certifications a Forklift certification, CDL-A, and Hazmat certification · Language Skills: Effective written and oral communication skills
Truck Drivers are responsible for the movement of materials both physically and systematically (SAP) between buildings and offsite warehouses. The role is critical to ensuring materials are moved in a timely, safe, and compliant manner. The scope of this role includes all materials (i.e. packaging materials, raw materials, APIs, work-in-process, and finished goods) that serve the API and Drug Product production and distribution processes.
The Truck Drivers will perform the following tasks:
- Drive various sized vehicles for the transportation of personnel, courier pouches, finished goods, mail, equipment, supplies, raw materials, and other items for customer units.
- Operate locomotive as required.
- Independently develop daily schedules based on knowledge of customer units, their requirements, building locations, and production needs.
- Load and Unload trucks.
- Follow all safety guidelines and road rules (speed limits, stop signs, etc…)
- Complete and verify all required paperwork.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle maintenance checks to comply with Department of Transportation regulations. Maintain working knowledge of all DOT regulations and HAZMAT requirements.
- Comply with all State and Federal regulations as well as Standard Operating Procedures and GMP’s.
- · Repetition of activities.
- · Climbing in/out of trucks
- · Stair climbing and extended-standing and/or walking.
- · Frequent time around equipment with moving parts.
- · Ability to use warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks and forklifts.
- · Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- · Potential exposure to Penicillin/Cephalsporin products. Allergies to Penicillin/Cephalsporin should be disclosed prior to hire?
- · Work will primarily be performed in controlled temperature conditions ranging between (15-30C), but operators could have potential to regularly work in conditions outside this range including (-20C, 2-8C, and ambient/outdoor).
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- ·Must be available for weekend and daily overtime as needed
- No Over the road routes/ local routes
- Last date to apply: 4/28/202
- Relocation available: NO
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt#LI-PFE