Director – Buying Goods & Services, Ariba GPO
Director – Buying Goods & Services, Ariba GPO
An enterprise-wide Global Process model is in place to drive consistency, accountability and authority across GSKs Global Processes to maximize the benefits from the organisations strategic investments in the global systems that underpin these global processes.
The BG&S GPO has single accountability for the global Strategy, Design, Governance and Improvement roadmap of the end to end BG&S process. The process impacts 450+ Procurement employees, 10,000 employees and 40,000 suppliers across Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management, Master Data, Requisition, Purchase Order, Invoice and Payment processes.
- Accountable for strategy development, process ownership, and systems leader for Procurement critical business processes; Global process owner for upstream aspects of end-to-end Buying Goods & Services.
- Owner of the source-to-contract / content template on the related systems being ARIBA (Sourcing, Contracting, and Guided Buying, G-ERP and Vx ERP), overseeing both Indirect and Direct processes on behalf of Global Procurement.
- Ensuring the GSK Procurement and stakeholder needs are managed through consultation with the business and proper backlog management to prioritize improvements, standardize policies & procedures and definition of appropriate controls and KPIs.
- Support strategic initiatives for Procurement programs on the BG&S process & systems, such as Integrations or Divestitures, including leading procurement contributions for ERP separation activities for the planned separation of the CH business unit.
- Continually assessing external and internal benchmark and best practice trends and benchmarks, including accountability to develop mid- and long-term strategy and business cases for future technical development roadmap across BG&S and other related business processes/systems.
- Ensuring training material, process documentation and other supporting material are developed and maintained as well as monitoring end user support, training and communication effectiveness.
- Regularly reviewing benchmarks, prioritising and setting target KPIs. Managing the data, reporting and monthly governance to enable Procurement, Finance and the business stakeholders to know, and take action on their current performance.
- Line manager with the ability to both lead and develop a team.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
Required qualifications and skills
- Bachelors Degree — preferred discipline in Business, Supply Chain, Procurement, Risk Management, related field [or any Bachelors, combined with relevant experience]
- Significant experience working in corporate environment
- Substantial experience working in Procurement or related field
- Deep subject matter expertise on source-to-pay processes and systems; experience with Ariba Guided Buying is required
- Sound understanding of process simplification and standardisation and proven experience in global process roll-out
- Experience managing a team
- Experience in managing and executing projects
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest change we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.