Sr. Manager, Human Resources - US Commercial & Global Marketing (31017819)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure (HF) business, we’re developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Our location in Pleasanton, CA currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Manager, Human Resources. This role serves as the strategic HR partner to the Commercial & Marketing teams of the Abbott Heart Failure Division, which consists of 450+ field employees, and provides the opportunity to develop solutions to a variety of complex HR challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Sr. Manager, Human Resources will use well-developed HR consulting skills to help their business clients achieve key business objectives and increase the effectiveness of their organization. They will coach clients on a variety of HR and business-related issues to effect change in the organization. Additional responsibilities include leading, in partnership with the relevant HR centers of expertise; leadership development, talent management, compensation strategies, engagement and retention, culture, and ongoing organizational design/workforce strategy initiatives. In addition to developing and retaining top internal talent, the Sr. HR Manager also will play an important role in partnering with Abbott’s talent acquisition organization to identify and attract top external talent to key leadership and staff roles.
- Build trust-based, collaborative, sustainable relationships with executives, managers and customer groups. Drive the implementation of the HR strategy in support of short and long-term business goals by building relationships across the organization.
- Culture agent who can envision and collaborate with our leadership to continue growing and maturing the philosophies and practices of our dynamic culture. Creating content and programs to support the culture and continue establishing Abbott Heart Failure as an employer of choice.
- Lead talent planning initiatives for the business unit; work with management to identify internal high potential talent and drive delivery of local development programs for this employee group. Collaborate with HRBP Leaders and Centers of Excellence to design talent planning solutions that will fulfill long term business needs and talent mobility. Support business unit talent reviews and succession planning.
- Partner with business leaders to identify opportunities to support the implementation of cultures that drive innovation and employee engagement and inclusion in order to improve individual and organizational performance. Partner with HRBPs and Centers of Excellence to design and implement programs to drive results.
- Collaborate with the HRBP Leaders to diagnose and identify interventions needed to improve organizational effectiveness in business units and act as a change agent by promoting and providing advice and support for organizational change. Enable successful execution of organizational restructuring, in partnership with business leaders.
- Partner with HRBP leaders and managers in creating processes and solutions which support a positive employee relations environment through effective communications, policies and practices. Guide and influence staff, key managers on HR matters to ensure effective and compliant solutions.
- Provide coaching to business leaders on complex employee relations issues with significant business impact.
- Provide a full range of HR consulting services and problem-solving including employee relations, compensation and rewards, organizational design and development, talent acquisition and performance management. Guide in proper use of programs and established technology for company impact and results.
- Partner with other HRBPs and business leaders on workforce planning, including assessing short-term and long-term resource needs, identifying critical talent gaps within the organization, and working with Centers of Excellence to develop strategies to address.
- Partner with HRBPs and Centers of Excellence in the design of compensation and total reward strategies and programs. Implement total reward programs within the unit to drive achievement of and support business goals.
- Partner with other HR leaders on diversity and inclusion efforts with an emphasis on attracting and retaining diverse talent.
- Works independently and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and corporate procedures and guidelines. Maintains integrity of employment polices by providing managers with guidance and interpretation of corporate policies, practices and procedures.
- Partner and consult with managers on a frequent basis, to identify and assess human resource needs and identify opportunities for improving employee and organizational performance.
- Initiate and sustain continuous dialogue with managers on both internal and external change issues. Provide input to HRBP leaders and Centers of Excellence in development of change strategies and initiatives. Execute change management and communication strategies and initiatives within business unit.
- Ensure that the business unit is in compliance with external legal and regulatory requirements – potentially including collective bargaining agreements, labor contracts, work councils, and employee safety and security requirements as applicable - as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years progressive HR business partner experience.
- Broad knowledge of all HR disciplines with a demonstrated in-depth knowledge in Employee Relations and Talent Development
- Demonstrated ability to build consultative, collaborative relationships with managers and co-workers at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess human capital needs and work collaboratively to develop and implement value-added solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive culture yielding positive business results.
- Advanced change management skills.
- Experience supporting commercial organizations preferred.
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent analysis and decision-making skills.
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and regulations governing HR programs.
- Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others’ strengths, perspectives and approaches.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.