Sr. Pricing Data Analyst (31017793)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together
exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. The scope of the Senior Pricing Data Analyst includes responsibility to support the newly formed Infectious Disease Pricing Team by developing and
deploying key pricing analytic tools that support the entire ID product portfolio. This individual will report into the Pricing Director and will help to define the metrics that will measure the optimization of revenues and profitability products by customer type.
The Infectious Disease portfolio includes multiple testing platforms including the ID NOW point-of-care
molecular platform and lateral flow technology. The ID products are utilized in a variety of settings
including: health systems, individual hospital and physician offices, urgent care, retail health, pharmacy,
student health centers and public health facilities.
Job Description Summary:
This role requires an individual with a passion for analyzing big data and providing insights for actionable business decisions. The Sr. Pricing Data Analyst will apply data-mining, statistical and advanced modeling techniques to different types of data on a regular basis. This position requires a motivated self-starter, driven by accomplishment and accountability with strong attention to detail and adaptable to changing requirements and priorities.
The Sr. Pricing Data Analyst will be responsible for looking creatively at complicated business problems and developing innovative pricing models, which can be used by senior management in decision making. Will be responsible for data management and visualization with a focus on creating business intelligence tools, conducting analysis, and assuring data quality.
Engage with pricing, commercial, contracting and finance teams to build a robust analytic
and metrics approach that align to company objectives.
Analyze and summarize actual product pricing trends in comparison to plan, in coordination
with the finance team, to assess status and inform appropriate corrective actions if required.
Work closely with established Contracting and Pricing, Global Pricing Strategy and Market
Access Teams to align process and approach for a cohesive divisional pricing strategy.
Support the US ID pricing council with monthly metrics and to prepare for quarterly planning,
along with seasonal promotional approaches.
Participate in the development of the pricing model analytics to support determination of true
profitability of customers and to identify pricing and margin improvements to optimize
contracts with key customers.
Provide insight into competitive pricing models and potential pricing scenario structures for
new product introductions or new customer segments.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in pricing, data analytics or finance. History in healthcare industry preferred.
- Experience in creating metrics and analyzing trends for multiple products and customer
- Ability to develop and interpret financial models to analyze and recommend pricing actions.
- Knowledge of pricing rules and processes.
- Understanding of pricing processes including the integration with established financial
reporting and information systems.
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Business Analytics, Finance, Health Economics preferred.
- History in healthcare preferred.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (e.g., Python, R, SAS etc.)
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, Power BI, etc.
- Analytical experience in data analysis, health care pricing, healthcare economics or related discipline
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to create and deliver professional and
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across functional teams and different organizational
levels to deliver results.