Maintenance Supervisor II - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott. Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Fairfield, California is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 250 that works together to help nourish the world.
The Plant has an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor II.
What you'll do as a Maintenance Supervisor II:
- Assist in development, planning, and execution of all plant-related maintenance activities including Preventative, Predictive, and Demand maintenance work.
- Develop and refine detailed maintenance job plans and procedures.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve equipment-related issues that impact ongoing production.
- Work with the Operations, Engineering, and Quality teams to investigate, identify root cause, and implement corrective actions for equipment-related failures.
- Drive continuous improvement in performance within Maintenance, Operations, Quality, and Safety.
- Conduct preventative maintenance programs, inspects, lubricates, repairs, and overhauls a wide variety of mechanical, plumbing and electrical, but not limited to: fire protection systems, building HVAC, egress systems and exit lighting. Analyze equipment breakdowns to determine source of trouble or malfunction. Recommend and or perform repairs to equipment.
- Able to understand how to close gaps identified in Maintenance and training processes to close gaps and drive maintenance to become less tactical and more strategic
- Model and promote organizational values by providing effective leadership, direction, development and support to the team.
- Engage in drafting own goals, lead the process of development of team goals and growth planning.
- Follows escalation reporting process with inputs from peers/manager for decision making as required. Make and communicate decisions that are appropriate for level of accountability.
- Manage and guide the TPM team(s) to improve quality and increase productivity on the line. Communicates to line the High Performance Work Team daily while maintaining a constant floor presence. Maintains a safe work environment with 100% training and compliance to applicable procedures.
- Coordinates activities related to shift starts and changes. Leads and coordinates daily activities of the shift team to meet daily requirements that positively impact the rest of the multi-shift line results.
- Active participation in team and department projects including responsibility for execution of assigned actions.
- Track, trend & report on established KPI's; communicating to functional manager and site leadership team on accomplishments, opportunities for improvement and planned actions.
- Provide training, guidance, and mentorship to plant maintenance staff members.
- Drive a culture of engagement through the High Performance Work Team. Directly supervises and trains team and participates in performing repairs and staffing activities.
- Provide timely coaching, counseling and feedback.
- Create a learning environment and support individuals learning and development plans.
- Ensure delivery of effective performance management while establishing and sustaining a positive work environment.
- Execution of on time performance reviews for direct reports
Education and Experience, you'll bring:
Bachelor’s degree in business, science, food technology, engineering and 2 to 4+ years of experience with maintenance responsibility in a regulated industry.
- Experience working in a regulated industry (aerospace, automotive, military etc.) Food/beverage preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a plant maintenance environment
- Knowledge of project planning tools and experience using them
- Experience working with and implementing Continuous Improvement tools & methodologies.
Preferred but not required
- CMMS experience – scheduling, planning, developing job plans
- executing work and documenting all aspects of work to asset level.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Robust vacation package
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.