Oncology IT Analytics Leader (R-133839_Wilmington)
Oncology IT Analytics Leader
Gaithersburg, MD or Wilmington, DE
Oncology Data and Artificial Intelligence IT Leader focused on partnering to implement big data cloud technology solutions for Machine Learning, analytics, and business intelligence.
Do you have a passion for researching and driving technology innovation to help our Oncology brand teams leverage data to help them identify the right opportunities where our life changing medicines can make a difference in the lives of patients diagnosed with cancer? We are looking for people driven to apply their depth of knowledge and experience to improve the lives of patients. If this is you, then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and driven to harness the power of data to enrich the decision making process this is the role for you.
Welcome to Gaithersburg site, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. To help you maintain your best self, here’s a sneak peek into some of the things this site provides for you. Gym access After-work events, Lunch & Learns, Bright and spacious environment, Sustainable office working environment, Onsite Childcare, Networking events
What you’ll do
In this role you will partner closely with the Data Management, Advanced Analytics, and Data Science and AI teams to define and drive a technology roadmap that allows these teams to harness the power of the data. The individual must guide the deployed team in the delivery of this roadmap and specifically focus on the following:
- Leading the development of reporting and analytics, data science, digital, and operational business use cases
- Leading development teams for ingestion, curation, data design, and consumption of data assets
- Support the definition of data structures for conform and consumption layers in line with DataOps
- Research, define, and leverage the available technology to improve the analytics outcomes of the business teams
Essential for the role
To be effective in the role you will need to be data savvy with experience defining business cases anchored in a deep understanding of the value of the technology to the Oncology business. The following skills and experiences are essential for success in the role:
- Ability to engage with business customers and either through elicitation or observation identify opportunities where technology can improve the analytics process
- 5-10 years experience with relevant data technologies or cloud based data services like AWS, Databricks, Spark, Cloudera, Domino Data Labs, Snowflake, etc.
- In depth knowledge of data modelling techniques and real world applications of these techniques for different use cases
- 3-5 years in the Pharmaceutical industry working with the major data providers
- 3-5 years working with data lakes
- High School Diploma
Desirable for the role
The ideal candidate would have also have the following knowledge or experiences:
- Hands on experience with AI and ML scaling
- Experience with Graph DB
- Advanced degree in Computer Science
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity to improve the lives of the patients. You can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn [Register to View] AstraZeneca on Facebook [Register to View] AstraZeneca on Instagram [Register to View] embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.