Manager, State & Local Indirect Taxes (R1552733-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Preparation and review of State Sales & Use Tax returns including account reconciliations & payment processing in collaboration with other staff & service providers.
- Preparation and review of State & Local Gross Receipts Tax returns including account reconciliations & payment processing in collaboration with other staff & service providers.
- Preparation and review of State & Local Personal Property Tax returns and Business licenses and registrations.
- Review of Real Property Tax Bills in consultation with property tax advisors as well as budgeting, accounting and payment thereof.
- Assist with State & Local Sales & Use and Gross Receipts tax audits in collaboration with outside service providers and Director, Tax Compliance, State, Sales & Use, Operations.
- Collaborate with various functions of the company to minimize S&U and Gross Receipts tax liability and reduce audit risk.
- Seek out opportunities to streamline compliance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Experience with Sales & Use and Gross Receipts tax compliance.
- Strong systems knowledge including ERP systems (Oracle/SAP), Microsoft Excel & Tax jurisdictions’ websites/portals.
- Accounting for indirect taxes experience.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.