Engineering Technician IV (31020224)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Engineering Technician IV
San Diego, CA
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Engineering Technician IV is within our Cardiometabolic Business Unit located in San Diego, California. Under general supervision, Level IV engineering technicians will be able to troubleshoot and repair most complex issues with plant wide automated and manual manufacturing equipment. Level IV technicians will be able to identify inherent equipment issues and create/implement solutions. They will work with Engineers and vendors to integrate new equipment, assist in the execution of equipment validations (FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ and PQ). Level IV technicians will be able to perform preventative, corrective, and breakdown maintenance on all Abbott production equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for mechanical and operational troubleshooting.
- Subject matter expert in repairing assembly related problems.
- Leads the implementation of improvements and innovate methods of resolving problems.
- May be required to work with hazardous materials.
- Subject matter expert in preventative maintenance procedures on all manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain procedures and Records as per company standards.
- Provide management with necessary information and reports.
- Proactively communicate unexpected equipment downtime and delays that will impact production efficiencies
- Train new personal in procedures/policies in regard to equipment maintenance.
- Generate and update documentation for manufacturing engineering.
- Provide technical support for complex equipment projects as a subject matter expert.
- Leads the implementation of effective improvements to equipment, process and procedures.
- Assist with equipment validations (FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Responsible for executions of technical tasks.
- Responsible for ensuring OEE metrics are maintained month over month.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Abbott Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Basic understanding of federal regulations as well as other regulatory and company requirements.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job; has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices; build productive internal/external working relationships
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Associate degree in mechanical, manufacturing or electrical engineering/technician; or equivalent of five years of experience in a semi-automated manufacturing environment.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in maintenance of automated production equipment
- Experience in a work environment that involved direct responsibility for equipment operation.
- Experience with pneumatically operated pick-and-place mechanisms and programming logic for automated manufacturing processes.
- Experience with PLC programming and Vision Inspection systems is an asset.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma methodologies is an asset.
- Experience with SolidWorks, CAD, JMP software is an asset.
- Experience with design of experiments is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.