Job Description Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline, our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The Executive Director, ERC Customer Engagement will shape and execute strategies to provide customer facing (CF) associates across all US functions (Medical, Sales, Market Access, Patient Services and Marketing) clear and actionable ERC guidance to support execution of function-specific and cross-functional strategies in compliance with applicable NPC policies, procedures and CIA requirements. This individual will drive clarity in boundaries of permissible CF team collaboration across functions and evolving requirements of CF roles (e.g., use of digital technologies and virtual engagements). The ideal candidate is passionate about both empowering associates to act compliantly and driving excellence in execution of ERC counseling for CF teams
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Shape and clarify US Healthcare Compliance Policy for customer facing teams across all functions (Sales, Medical, Market Access, Patient Specialty Services and Marketing) that impacts all US affiliates (Innovative Medicines and Novartis Gene Therapies).
• Drive consistency in how ERC Customer Engagement Advisors execute consistent strategies to integrate clear and actionable ERC guidance on key risk issues into the operations and training strategies of each function (eg Sales, Mkt Access, Medical, Patient Services and Marketing) to support execution of function-specific and cross-functional strategies in compliance with applicable NPC policies, procedures and CIA requirements (e.g. Compliance Champions networks).
• Effectively engage with CF leadership teams to ensure they have a holistic view of ERC risks in their teams (key watch areas, what’s going well, etc.) and collaborate to implement strategies to address key or emerging risks.
• Proactively monitor evolving US healthcare environment, enforcement trends and compliance programs of other pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies, analyze with deep understanding of CF team strategies and applicable ERC policies to identify and share insights within ERC.
• Lead and develop the ERC Customer Engagement team of advisors (team of ~ 4 FTEs) that provide dedicated support to critical customer facing teams across all US functions (e.g. Sales, Mkt Access, Medical, Patient Services and Marketing).
• Be a knowledge expert related to Novartis healthcare compliance policies, procedures and CIA requirements and how they apply to associates’ roles and responsibilities throughout of the US organization.
• Engage with CF leaders and associates to understand unique challenges of CF roles (which are typically field based), develop trusted relationships with associates of all levels to promote a SpeakUp culture, and collaborate with CF teams to strengthen a positive culture towards compliance and ethical decision making as an integral part of how we reimagine medicine for patients.
• Engage with Therapeutic Area General Manager and related cross-functional leaders to ensure a holistic view of risks across the strategies leveraged for the assigned therapeutic area (key watch areas, what’s going well, etc.). Ensure clear and actionable ERC guidance is provided or seamless transition to appropriate ERC stakeholder.
This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position.
The ideal location for this role is the East Hanover site but remote work may be possible (there may be some exceptions based on legal entity registration). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. If associate is remote, all home office expenses and any travel/lodging to specific site for periodic live meetings will be at the employee’s expense. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager. This position will re-quire 10-20% travel.