Medical Lab Technician for Micro Dept, on-call (22-78700_RM)
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Medical Lab Technician in Seattle, WA. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at Labcorp: -Improving Health, Improving Lives.
Schedule: on-call, variable hours/days
Department: Microbiology Department Location: 550 17th Ave
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Associates' Degree in a life science or laboratory science/Medical Technology
- Previous experience in a clinical laboratory is preferred
- Must be ASCP certified as a Medical Lab Technician or equivalent or eligible to take exam within 6 months
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.