Field Service Engineer (Orlando, FL) (31020442)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an active open requisition. We are building a candidate slate for a future opening.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Embrace the vision of becoming the leading diagnostic service provider by achieving customer loyalty and economic profitability through passion, partnership, and performance. Efficiently provide technical support solutions including installation; corrective; pre-emptive and proactive maintenance. Go above and beyond to respond to customer needs by partnering with sales; marketing and other functional areas while adhering to current compliance guidelines.
- Qualified candidates must currently live in Orlando area.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Represent Abbott Diagnostic Division to its customer:
- Responsible for providing on-site support to Abbott Diagnostic Division (ADD) customers
- Support field personal
- Support District business objective and goals
- Provide direction and develop mentoring skills to mentor other FSRs
- Troubleshooting and resolving complaints reported by customers on a minimum of five increasingly complex instruments as detailed in the FS Business Process database
- Understand and follow Quality System by
- Accurate and timely documentation of complaint resolution
- Understand and practice regulatory and compliance procedures
- Maintain a safe work environment following laboratory safety guidelines
- Schedule and complete
- Routine preventive maintenance
- Installations and other updates provided by Abbott.
Integrate effectively into the service team:
- Work effectively within a diverse and dynamic team environment
- Support on call rotation time, territory and inventory management
- Standby and after-hours responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Unpredictable Travel
- Travel for support of other territories and training
- Providing on-site critical account support inside and outside of district boundaries.
- Responsible for IRL ownership to achieve organizational goals and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to work cross functionally to achieve customer satisfaction through direct communication within the local performance partnership teams (P2T).
- Responsible to maintain ownership of customer issue until successful escalation or hand off takes place.
In addition to this position requires:
- Superior technical competency.
- Pro-Active Account Management.
- Complete instrument training across geographical IRL.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Provide superior customer service; through applying effective communication skills in order to build loyalty while proactively managing and resolving high-stress situations
- Delight our customers by providing support including installation, Preventive Maintenance, Technical
- Service Bulletins and repair by documenting; following up; and closing calls as per Abbott Diagnostics quality system
- Partner cross-functionally and internally while maintaining positive relationships and ensure issues are resolved efficiently and satisfactorily while exceeding customer needs
- Successfully achieve the established business metrics including service sales, cost of service and key performance indicators for assigned customers/accounts.
- Champion utilization of remote support tools to proactively improve instrument up time
- Proactively improve expertise through continuous learning and certifications
- Must be able to influence other areas to achieve business goals
- Scope of responsibility includes representing Abbott Diagnostics to assigned customers in a professional forthright and ethical manner. The position reports to a Service Manager and is accountable for achieving individual and supporting team goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Bachelors/Engineering Degree in Biomedical/Electrical/Mechanical or Medical Technology.
- Practical experience of interfacing with customers.
- Trouble shooting/problem solving; ability to succeed in team situations and excel independently, computer skills (Word; Excel, Power Point, Internet, Remote Computing i.e VPN, remote troubleshooting etc.), effective communication skills and strongly demonstrated interpersonal skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] , on LinkedIn at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter [Register to View] target="_blank">@AbbottNews.