Principal Artificial Intelligence _Machine Learning Engineering Lead (31020389)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in San Diego, currently has an opportunity for a Principal Artificial Intelligence _Machine Learning Engineering Lead.
Reporting to the New Technology and Instrument Platform organization, the position of Principal Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Engineering Lead is within our Infectious Diseases Developed Markets business unit in Abbott Rapid Diagnostics, located in San Diego, California. This position plays a key role in the design of our new instrument platform. The successful candidate for this position will be an experienced lead who has demonstrated designing and developing machine learning applications that interface with diagnostic test devices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Leads design and development of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) applications that operate as part of a larger system including Point of Care devices and the cloud.
- Researches application designs/solutions, considering tradeoffs based on point of care use cases.
- Evaluates and leverages AI/ML technologies that result in an optimized solution for a Point of Care IoT based system.
- Participates in the definition of the overall system architecture and communication links between all elements of the platform: edge devices, mobile devices, local network, and cloud platform.
- Participates in the definition of technology, computing architecture, overall instrument architecture and required configurations to meet instrument platform and product development needs. Execute trade-off studies and recommends solution.
- Serves as a key technical contributor to requirements development. Collaborates to allocate system functions, define interfaces, resolve conflicting requirements, and develop requirements sufficient to enable delivery of the defined instrument architecture.
- Advocates efficient, simple and compliant mechanism to build robust and quality instrument platform and product lines, taking into considerations elements in the life cycle management of the instrument platform and corresponding products.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Understands and recognizes the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job; has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Ph.D., Master of Science, or Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 8+ years of successful experience in designing, developing and launching AI/ML applications that support communication to multiple IoT devices and the cloud.
- 3+ years of experience architecting products for the Medical Device industry (Point of Care in IVD Industry highly preferred).
- Experience integrating systems that include IoT devices, mobile devices, and network server solutions.
- Ability to lead engineering discussions and work as a bridge among different engineering departments and global stakeholders.
- Familiar with Medical Device regulations (ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304,21 CFR part 820.30-Design Controls, FDA SW Guidelines...).
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.