Pharmaceutical Development Technician, OSD Manufacturing (R1554350-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
***Permanent position with BMS that is tied to a Union. The successful candidate gaining this position will become a member of United Steelworkers union.
The following positions will require the employees to work with chemical, radiological, or biological agents that may be hazardous to health if mishandled (including Agents which may potentially affect reproduction or the fetus). Employees will be required to follow all safety procedures and use personal protective clothing/Equipment where specified. Inquires for further information should be directed to the hiring manager.
Shift 7am - 330 pm NBR Bldg 115 (Excluded)
Rate:$36.26/paid as a weekly salary
Tasks for the function:
- Adheres to the established manufacturing schedule for all assigned batches from start to completion.
- Assists in the manufacture of pharmaceutical oral dosage products for use in clinical studies.
- Follows all written procedures, SOPs, cGMP regulations and safety requirements during manufacturing.
- Carries out operations with strict adherence to cGMP and OSHA requirements.
- Participates in all manufacturing activities of assigned batches and completes all required documentation.
- Performs equipment setup, batch execution including completion of associated batch documentation and equipment logs and equipment cleaning.
- Enters data into computer terminals when required.
- Two-year Associate Degree in Science related to pharmaceutical development or equivalent. In lieu of a two year degree, a minimum of four years’ work experience in GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing or related field may meet requirements.
- Proficiency in use of computer programs/systems is essential.
- Technicians must maintain their skills and knowledge current with advances in the field of pharmaceutical development.
- Incumbents may attend internal or external training courses as approved by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.