Director Business Analytics & Insights HBU (4834621_Lake_Forest)
Reporting to the BAI Global Hospital Lead, the person in this role will lead the partnership with an assigned Global or U.S. commercial franchise team to ensure the delivery of high quality strategic business decision support, including investment decisions and commercial strategies and tactics.
As a member of the Business Analytics & Insights organization, this colleague will work with Commercial Finance, Digital COEs, Chief Business Officer COEs and other analytics functions as necessary to deliver insightful analyses and recommendations that can be acted upon by the commercial organization.
The person in this role will frame, investigate, and answer key business questions through market research and analytics plans, globally or within countries. These plans will include a combination of primary market research, key performance tracking, and customer data mining to fully understand, generate insights, and contribute to the franchise strategy.
This role is dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and covers a broad range of strategic topics that are critical to our business. The successful candidate will join Business Analytics and Insights (BAI) colleagues worldwide that are constantly helping drive the business through proactive thought leadership, innovative research capabilities, and the ability to communicate complex and dynamic information in new and creative ways.
Role definition and Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the identification of information needs, design of market research and data analytics plans, and the overall management of the research process, globally and within countries.
- Lead with a strong understanding of all types of primary market research techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, including multivariate analytical techniques.
- Connect market research and secondary data analytics, including advanced analytics, together to tell a compelling and persuasive story that delivers clear and actionable recommendations.
- Drive strategic thinking and serve as a market analytics leader to the Global and U.S. commercial teams by answering key business questions to define commercial strategies and tactics and drive investment decisions.
Forecasting/Operating Plan Support
- In partnership with key Pfizer stakeholders, act as the CAI lead for the development of Long Range Forecasts (LRFs) and Operating Plans for the entire franchise scope.
- Coordinate forecasting activities with local in-country, Global CAI, and Forecasting CoE colleagues.
- Drive the creation of best-in-class epi- and trend-based forecast models in partnership with CoE colleagues.
- Review and enhance forecasts, with strong expertise in ability to qualify and quantify the business opportunity, including communicating results and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Ensure accurate effective performance measurement and deliver regular assessments of portfolio performance to leadership, including clear articulation of the data and its meaning for the business.
Vendor/Offshore Resource Management
- Develop, commission and contract innovative complex and impactful research and analytic projects through preferred vendors.
- Create and manage budgets associated with assigned activities.
- Direct workload of flexible staffing resources and identify the need for changes in flexible resources.
- Be accountable for continuous improvement, as well as the identification/ utilization of new capabilities to maximize the competitive advantages of the business.
- Serves as an advisor to CAI teams on preferred supplier selection and regular supplier performance reviews.
- Accountable for meeting compliance and Corporate SOP obligations of all Primary Market Research projects.
Collaboration with Other Analytical Teams
- Lead dialogue with local and global analytical teams to adapt global strategies to the local markets.
- Contribute to advancement of Customer Analytics and Insights capabilities and seek to share knowledge and expertise with other colleagues.
- Lead alignment with other AIBI teams (CoEs/other Global or Country teams) to ensure cohesive activities with our stakeholders and facilitate best practice sharing.
- Partner with other analytic teams to advance the use of novel data sources including Real World Data.
Required Basic Qualifications
- 10+ years of professional experience, with 7+ years in analytic or consulting roles
- Bachelors' degree in related field
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Known subject matter expert for quantitative and qualitative market research methodologies
- Proven ability to act as a strategic partner with the capacity to quickly establish relationships of trust, credibility, and be seen as a driving partner to commercial clients
- Extensive experience in the design and management of secondary data analytics
- Previous demonstrated experience of forecasting revenues, including complex methodologies
- Ability to identify, prioritize and describe relevant caveats and uncertainties in research, analytic projects, and forecasts, including how they relate to the business question and broader strategic priorities
- Recognized expertise and coach to others on connecting, integrating, and synthesizing analysis into a meaningful ‘so what’ to drive clear strategic recommendations and enable commercial decision making
- Ability to assess and direct vendor technical capabilities and manage risks in the analytic process
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, deal with ambiguity, and lead teams through complex and challenging cross-functional projects
- Previous demonstrated Business / Financial acumen
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals highly preferred, with Investment Banking & Finance highly desirable
- Previous demonstrated experience in using innovative techniques to monitor, simulate and analyze complex data sets preferred
- Masters' degree
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Marketing and Market Research