Statistics Group Head (Internal Medicine)
- Lead assigned Statistics Group to deliver timely and efficient statistical support in the design, analysis, and interpretation of data (clinical, translational, correlative) for all GPD assets throughout their lifecycle.
- Provide statistical support to Business Development in the evaluation of potential in-license candidate molecules.
- Manage and develop talent to optimize performance and grow colleague capabilities.
- Ensure optimum allocation and management of resources within assigned group.
- Provide administrative and technical oversight of statistical function in assigned group.
- Ensure statistical best practices are applied uniformly for all GPD projects.
- Provide high-quality statistical input and critical review of clinical development plans, key study designs and study reports, integrated summaries, key regulatory documents, and labels for regulatory filings.
- Ensure that expert statistical thinking is provided to the GPD Asset Teams.
- Recruit, train, develop, mentor, and retain highly skilled statisticians to provide effective and qualified resources to support GPD objectives and projects.
- Work effectively with other Business Unit and Research Unit Heads in formulating global statistical policies, including those for standards, and implement within GPD Statistics.
- Ensure that assigned GPD Statistics Group meets time, quality, and cost targets.
- Ensure utilization of and full compliance with corporate standards and practices to achieve efficient development of GPD compounds.
- Ensure development and implementation of GPD-specific change management based on the GPD strategies and standards, and in collaboration with other functions.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
Training & Education:
- Postgraduate Statistical degree (PhD or equivalent preferred).
- A broad understanding of the applications of Statistics to Research & Development.
- Excellent statistical knowledge with the ability to apply this to scientific and clinical projects.
- Excellent knowledge of the responsibilities and the role of a supervisor and leader.
Prior Experience Preferred:
- Track record of successfully leading large groups within complex organizations through periods of significant organizational change.
- A track record of sustained delivery and innovation within the discipline.
- Evidence of sustained contribution to the pharmaceutical Research & Development process at the project and therapeutic area level.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects including related headcount and budgets.
- Evidence of successful management of diverse colleagues including individuals with differing career tracks (e.g., complex technical specialist, generalist).
- Track record of influencing external environment through contributions to scholarship, working parties etc., as evidenced by committee membership, presentations, and publications
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Medical