Sr Director, Value & Evidence Asset/Indication Lead (VEAIL) for Hospital Anti-Infectives/Pipeline
As a leading biopharmaceutical company, Pfizer is dedicated to the discovery and delivery of
high value therapies across a variety of disease areas. It is our mission to bring innovative
medicines to patients that significantly improve their lives, and our priority is to ensure
patients have access to these medicines.
The Value and Evidence Center of Excellence (VE COE) is responsible for ensuring patients have affordable, timely access to medicines and vaccines by advancing innovative value and evidence solutions — to inform healthcare decision-making. In 2022, we are expanding the VE COE with new V&E Asset / Indication Leads (VEAIL) to support and accelerate our prioritized therapeutic areas: Inflammation & Immunology, Oncology, Vaccines, Rare Disease & Internal Medicine and Hospital Products. The VEAIL will report to and support the Value & Evidence Team Leader (VET Leader)
The PHI Senior Director, Hospital Anti-Infectives/Pipeline V&E Asset / Indication Leads (VEAIL) will report to and support the Value & Evidence Team Leader (VET Leader) Hospital. The VEAIL directly impacts the ability to achieve business objectives by leading and managing teams of HEOR scientists to develop and implement integrated value & evidence strategy (IVES) for indication and assets in partnership with BU Value and Access teams.
The VEAIL will support the VET Leader to drive and maintain functional excellence, IVES and tactical execution and refinement, study planning and execution, talent attraction and development, and resource allocation for pipeline and marketed assets in Hospital.
She/he will supervise HEOR scientists working on cross-functional product teams, ensuring that V&E members contribute timely, high-quality health economics and outcomes research work to those teams. She/he will ensure appropriate methods in health economics, RWE and outcomes research, and quality of life research are applied, in accordance with PFE policies.
The VEAIL will also have individual indication support responsibilities and will partner with cross-functional teams [i.e., clinical development, medical affairs, biostatistics, PCOA directors, and real-world evidence (RWE) scientists, Global Teams (i.e., Commercial, Medical Affairs, WRDM, GPD)] alliance partners and key prioritized markets to develop, implement and deliver (IVES) for indications.
The VEAIL is responsible for fostering a OnePfizer mindset, promoting behaviors that exemplifies Pfizer’s values (Courage, Excellence, Equity and Joy) within the team and prioritizing the development of team members’ value and evidence competencies, and talent management.
She/he will ensure there is harmonization and alignment on the IVES and tactical execution within the TA programs. The VEAIL will support the VET leader to partner effectively with PHI Centers of Excellence, Global Medical, Regulatory, Commercial, Global marketing teams and prioritized country teams. She/he will ensure engagement of key stakeholders including TA aligned business leaders on updated clinical development milestones and IVES tactical plans.
- VEAIL will support the VET Leader to drive and maintain functional excellence, IVES and tactical execution and refinement, study planning and execution, talent attraction and development, and resource allocation for pipeline and marketed assets in Hospital.
- Lead and supervise teams of V&E scientists and directors for indications/assets, particularly in the tasks listed below:
- Generate study proposals and designs
- Analyze, communicate, and publish impactful research to support the value proposition
- Execute the development of comprehensive global tools such as dossiers, health economic models, publications, etc. to support optimal value and access
- Create and update Global Value Dossiers and AMCP dossiers for assigned product(s) and indications
- Develop and utilize cost-effectiveness and health impact model(s), collaborate with country level health and value colleagues in the adaptation and utilization of the model(s) to communicate the public health impact and cost-effectiveness of innovative medicine
- Assess and interpret relevant literature, communicate to internal stakeholders
- Contribute to the IVES and tactical plan development and optimization across life-cycle
- Ensure alignment of IVES with the overarching Integrated Value & Access strategy
- Foster a team culture that embraces collaboration, innovation, and scientific excellence with a focus on creating new capabilities to meet the needs of the evolving healthcare landscape, data generation and communication, collaboration with WRDM, GPD, Medical Affairs, to ensure successful commercialization and access, and talent development
- Maintain awareness of scientific developments in assigned therapeutic area(s), new and innovative methodologies, and trends in the evolving healthcare landscape, to assure incorporation into the IVES within TA
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders (WRDM, Medical Affairs, GPD, Regulatory, and prioritized country, health & value team) and other functions across Pfizer
- Lead the development and execution of the IVES and tactics to support the value propositions of assigned indications/products in a therapeutic area
- Develop the strategic plan to evaluate and communicate the economic burden of disease and value drivers
- Manage study design of contracted research projects (budget negotiations, quality assurance of work conducted by CROs)
- Display technical competency in at least two of the following disciplines: economics, epidemiology, psychometrics, and statistics.
- Demonstrate a technical mastery in one of the following disciplines economics, epidemiology, psychometrics, and statistics.
- Proactively identify and address methodological issues that may affect Value & Evidence research to support Pfizer products.
- Drive best practice sharing across the team in support of strategy development and deepening team skills and competencies
- Recruit, manage, train, and develop V&E personnel
- Participate in key cross-divisional task forces to help improve processes and standards in V&E programs
- Help define, and ensure compliance with, state of the art health economics and outcomes research processes, tools and deliverables
- Manage project budget and timelines
- Some travel required in the US and/or internationally
- Minimum Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research, health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration, public health, psychology, economics, statistics or decision sciences, plus minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in industry or consulting, or academia in HTA, HEOR, and / or market access & pricing fields.
- In depth strategic, methodologic, and technical understanding of pharmacoeconomics, health economic modeling, HTA, Health-Related Quality of Life, and / or market access dynamics
- Recent therapeutic area experience
- Experience with US and EU5 payers
- Strong project management abilities (contracting, budgeting, vendor management)
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Strong technical and methodological skills (study design, data analysis, interpretation, communication) in clinical trials, epidemiology, or health services research, registries, Phase IV studies, technical peer review of HEOR research, observational study design and implementation is preferred
- Recent asset / indication-specific experience
- Knowledge and experience in early drug development and commercialization.
- Experience leading others (direct management or matrix leadership) with strong track record of high level of stakeholder engagement and delivering results
- Engagement experience with HTA organizations such as ICER, NICE, SMC, PBAC
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required: ability to understand and respond to multiple internal and external customers; build strategic partnerships internally and externally.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Ability to travel internationally
- Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: 04/18/2022
NO Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Market Access