This position includes a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus! (External candidates only)
Are you a certified Cytotechnologist? Are you in school pursuing a Cytotechnologist degree/certification? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a full-time Cytotechnologist in Raritan, NJ. This will be a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment. LabCorp has a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation.
LabCorp offers opportunities with advancement potential in an influential and expanding company. Be a part of something where you can make an impact on improving health and improving lives.
Schedule: Monday through Friday between the hours of 6:00am and 7:00pm, and every 3rd Saturday
- Screen and evaluate any gynecologic and non-gynecologic specimens sent to the laboratory for the determination of possible malignant or related abnormal conditions
- Screening of all liquid based cytology, both manual and imaged, as well as conventional slides
- Perform microscopic evaluation of cytological specimens following laboratory procedures and workload policies
- Ensure proper documentation of workload recording, including screening and non-screening activities as required by CLIA and laboratory guidelines
- Maintain absolute integrity in the accurate performance and reporting of results
- Meet slide screening requirements as per standard operating procedure
- Finalize testing results into the computer in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide backup for cytology processing and other tasks as needed
- Comply with all safety, infection control and HIPAA policies
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university
- Successful competition of an accredited Cytology program
- ASCP Cytotechnologist (CT) Certification is required
- Prior experience working in Cytology is preferred
- ThinPrep certification is a plus
- Must pass slide screening requirements and annual CAP proficiency test
- Demonstrated understanding of Cyto preparation techniques
- Automated and non-automated testing experience is preferred
- Familiarity with laboratory information systems (LIS)
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.