1. User Story Development
• Works with product management and stakeholders to align on business value, problem statements, and customer pain points that are strategic priorities for CVS Health
• Provides subject matter expertise – explaining product vision and user stories to the team to ensure requirements are understood and customer value is delivered
• Collaborates with development team to elaborate and define technical learnings into refined and prioritized backlog items that align to Iteration Objectives.
• Responsible for defining and prioritizing stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program
• Responsible for assuring a level of quality has been achieved by validating that the Story meets acceptance criteria and has met acceptance tests. Approves stories as complete.
• Responsible to update product management on Story status to align on delivery expectations
2. Team Backlog Ownership/Prioritization
• Responsible for building, prioritizing, monitoring/editing, and maintaining the flow of Team Backlog to ensure the delivery of the customer satisfaction and multi-million dollar business value
• Sets the runway for early business value and customer impact by determining sequencing of sprint planning
• Leads the team in identifying dependencies and tradeoffs as well as problem solving risks that may appear in the Team Backlog
3. Program Increment Planning
• Partner with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to assist in preparing for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
• Identify the potential enablers and spikes for discussion in the Program Increment
• Drafts the team’s objectives and defines features for the Program Increment session
• Collaborates with the team to produce the PI system demo and the Product Owner presents it to program stakeholders.
4. Maintain Conceptual and Technical Integrity of Features/Components
• Partner with design function to consider usability testing and end-user feedback to ensure product will address and resolve user pain points
• Provide architecture and development teams sufficiently detailed feedback on user stories and product vision to ensure the team maintains the technical integrity of features / functionality
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
3+ years required experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Consulting, or IT.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
-Previous experience in agile product development.
-Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions using solutions based thinking in problem solving, asking probing questions and looking for underlying issues.
- Ability to effectively work on teams within a highly collaborative environment.
-Strong negotiation, organizational, management, analytical and people skills.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization.
-Ability to maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization.
-Broad understanding of core programming and computer science concepts.
-Experience in healthcare industry.
-Familiarity with agile processes, such as scrum, Kanban, and/or the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.